Radiology Residency Program
As a new resident in our program, you have joined a family of fellow residents, attendings and staff members who are committed to your education while providing excellent patient care to the community of Creighton. You are an invaluable member of our team.
At the most basic level, the Creighton University Department of Radiology aims to provide an excellent education that prepares our radiology residents for a successful career in the field, but we recognize that there is so much more to life. Our approach focuses primarily on the importance and dignity of each individual, and in so doing, we discover our purpose and harness the rich diversity of our faculty, staff, residents and students. Partnering with Common Spirit, one of the largest nonprofit healthcare providers in the United States, and Radiology Consultants of the Midwest, Creighton Radiology offers access to subspecialty radiology care covering the broad spectrum of diseases necessary for a well-rounded radiology education.
As we drive residents to reach their full potential academically, we also find great joy in our residents succeeding outside of the walls of the hospital, whether it’s running a marathon or having a baby sleep through the night. We understand the importance of community and value regular social gatherings afterhours. In the end of training, we strive for our residents to not only go on to top-tier fellowships and fulfilling careers, but to look back on residency as a time of professional and personal growth.
- Educate radiology residents and medical students in medical imaging including interpretation, therapeutic and interventional procedures.
- Develop interdepartmental and interdisciplinary relationships to enhance patient care and access.
- Foster an attitude of leadership and service to others at the local, regional and global levels.
- Offer a diverse educational experience with academic and community based exposure.
- Develop life-long educational learning practices through scholarly and teaching endeavors.
- Produce board certified versatile and collegial radiologists able to practice in all medical environments with strong focus on quality and safety.