Graduation/Commencement, Applying for Your Degree
December 2023 Degree Conferral/Diplomas
- All students verified to graduate in December 2023 will have a degree conferral date of December 9, 2023, displayed on your Diploma or Certificate and your Official Transcript.
- Diplomas for students graduating in December will be mailed or available for pickup in early January. Please contact the Registrar at MarieAngele@creighton.edu with any address updates no later than December 15, 2023.
- If you are expecting your diploma but have not received it by January 22, 2023, please contact the Registrar at MarieAngele@creighton.edu.
- An e-diploma will be emailed to the student’s Creighton email address on December 20, 2023.
- Official Transcripts with degree award date will be available on December 20, 2023. If you pre-order a transcript, please select the option to send after degree is awarded.
- Degree Conferral Date: May 11, 2024
Graduate and Professional Schools Commencement Ceremonies
- May 9, 2024 – School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, School of Nursing (Includes Master and Doctoral level), School of Medicine
- May 10, 2024 – Graduate School (Master level, Doctor of Education, and Doctor of Philosophy), School of Law, School of Dentistry
Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
- May 11, 2024 – College of Arts and Sciences, Heider College of Business, College of Professional and Continuing Education, College of Nursing
- For your degree to be conferred you MUST submit a "Degree Application and Graduation Participation" by the deadline
- Degree Applications are required for all graduates, regardless of whether or not you plan to participate in a ceremony
- To apply, Log in to the NEST > Student Services > Student Records > Degree Application and Graduation Participation
- Deans of the respective Creighton University Schools and Colleges are responsible for approving their candidates for graduation
- For your certificate to be conferred you MUST submit a "Certificate Application" by the deadline
- Certificate Applications are required for all completers of certificate programs
- To apply, Log in to the NEST > Student Services > Student Records > Certificate Application
- Deans of the respective Creighton University Schools and Colleges are responsible for approving their candidates for certificate awards
- May degree candidates - Due February 15 regardless of ceremony participation
- August degree candidates - February 15 if participating in May commencement or June 15 if not participating in commencement
- December degree candidates – February 15 if participating in May commencement prior to completion or October 15 if participating in commencement following completion or not participating
- May certificate candidates – Due February 15
- August certificate candidates – June 15
- December certificate candidates – October 15
Contact Marie in the Registrar’s Office at 402-280-4023 or MarieAngele@creighton.edu with questions.
- Commencement for all Schools and Colleges is held annually in May. The Graduate School holds a December Hooding and Commencement Ceremony.
- Students who complete their degrees in the Spring Semester may attend the Undergraduate Commencement or Graduate or Professional School Commencement ceremony. Regardless of the ceremony date, all degrees will be conferred using the official May date. All diplomas will be mailed or available for pick up in the Registrar’s Office in June.
- Graduate level students who complete their degrees in December may attend the Graduate School December Commencement. Regardless of ceremony date, all degree will be conferred using the official December date. All diplomas will be mailed or available for pick up in the Registrar's office in January.
- Undergraduate students who complete their degree programs in the Fall Semester may attend Commencement in May following completion or in the preceding May if approved by their Dean.
- Undergraduate students who complete their degree requirements during the Summer are encouraged to attend Commencement the preceding May (if approved by their Dean), or may attend the May Commencement following completion.
- Graduate students who complete their degree requirements during the Summer are encouraged to attend Commencement the preceding May (if approved by their Dean), or the December Graduate School Commencement in December.
- Diplomas of May, August and December graduates will be mailed upon confirmation by the respective Dean that the student has completed all degree requirements. Typically, this is in early June, September, and January.