Healthcare Management (Graduate Certificate)
Creighton University’s Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program can help pave the way for you to become a leader in the business side of healthcare.
In as little as one year, this healthcare management certificate program can provide you with the core knowledge needed to position yourself for leadership opportunities in a number of healthcare organizations, including nursing administration, government offices, pharmaceutical sales, and even veterinary clinics.
Learn from experienced faculty—and each other
Creighton’s Healthcare Management program is housed within the School of Medicine that brings together different concepts and perspectives to provide students with a robust education. The unique perspectives offered by our faculty and other students in your cohort supplement course materials. You’ll exchange insights and expertise based on real-world experiences that can help enhance your prospects in a management role in healthcare.
An online graduate certificate program designed to fit into your plans
We know that graduate school is a big investment of your time and money, so we make sure that your investment is a smart one—and one that you can fit in your busy schedule. This 15-credit program is designed to meet the needs of busy professionals and can be completed fully online in about a year.
Program Goals and Curriculum
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program is ideal for individuals who hope to become leaders in healthcare administration.
To earn this certificate, you must complete 15 credits:
- Managing Healthcare Organizations
- Law and Healthcare Ethics
- Or Legal, Ethical, and Societal Considerations in Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Economics and Finance
- Human Resources for Healthcare Managers
- One elective course
Our faculty come from a variety of backgrounds in business, health, education, law, and the arts and sciences. Together, their experiences and expertise provide graduate students with a robust interdisciplinary education.
Master of Public Health (42 credits)
- Learn to promote positive change, solve population health issues, advocate for the health and well-being of your community, take a whole-person approach to public health, and promote disease control and prevention.
- Credits earned for the graduate certificate in Healthcare Management can be applied toward a Master of Public Health degree with a concentration in Healthcare Management.
- Available online.
To be considered for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management program, applicants must:
- Complete an application
- Include an updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Provide an official transcript from the institution that granted the Bachelor’s degree. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Submit a personal statement of interest in the graduate certificate
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International students are welcomed into this program so long as they complete it from their country of residence, as F-1 visas will not be issued.
International applicants must:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. Visit our financial aid site for more details.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. We also encourage you to apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Still have questions? Email or call a friendly financial specialist at 402.280.2731 for any additional questions you may have.
Dates and Deadlines
The table below details the enrollment deadlines and starting dates of courses for the current academic year. If you have any questions about dates, deadlines, or application materials, please contact an enrollment specialist for personalized assistance.
START CLASSES IN