New Hire Information
You’ve Been Selected
At Creighton University we want the recruitment and onboarding process to be an exceptional experience. Once you've been selected to continue in the recruitment process, you'll be asked to take the next steps for further consideration before you can become a full-fledged Bluejay. These next steps listed below require you to complete additional application information.
I-9 and Remote I-9 Information
You must complete your I-9 at least four business days prior to your start date.
- Online I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. Creighton's code is 12603. Once you complete the I-9, you must visit Human Resources within 10 days for verification.
- Note: If you are working at a remote or off-site location and are not able to present original documents to a Creighton representative, the University can authorize a qualified person to act as an agent of the University for the purpose of completing the I-9 form. To complete the I-9 form, you must first download the form and open it with a pdf reader. Review the notary instructions. Access the I-9 notary form. If your state does not allow notarized I-9s, or if you have further questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 402.280.2709.
- Please review the list of acceptable documents (must be unexpired originals, no copies) and bring the proper identification with you when you drop off your paperwork.
- Student employees need to complete student new hire paperwork and I-9.
New Hire Frequently Asked Questions
- New employees (faculty, staff, temp) and rehires will no longer complete a paper W-4. Employees will now complete their W-4 tax withholding information within myHR. For information regarding the W-4 process, please read the W-4 FAQs.
How Long Is Orientation Period
- A 90-day orientation period applies to all new, re-hired, and transferring employees to learn and absorb their new position. It is expected that supervisors and employees will meet periodically throughout the orientation period to discuss the employee's progress.
Where To Get A Parking Permit
- Requests for Parking Permits should be made to Public Safety - Card Services department. A fee is charged and may be automatically deducted from your paycheck. View the parking information page to learn more.