Catherine Ann Carrico, DNP, APRN-NP, FNP
Research FocusScholarly interests include immunizations and global health
Nursing - Doctorate
- Building Healthy Academic Communities Journal
Moes, Katie, Catherine Carrico Knowledge of antibiotic use in college students: A Quality Improvement Project. . Building Academic Communities
- Journal of Nursing Education
Iverson, Lindsay, Bredenkamp, N., Carrico, C., Connelly, S., Hawkins, K, Monaghan, M.S., Malesker, M. Development and assessment of an INterprofessional education simulation to promote collaborative learning and practice
57(7), p. 426-429 2018
- Journal of Pediatric Healthcare
Hanks, J.,, Carrico, C. Evaluating the use of a stability guideline for long-term ventilator dependent children discharging to home: A quality improvement project.
- Occupational Therapy International
Mu, K.,, Peck, K., Jensen, L., Bracciano, A., Carrico, C., Feldhacker, D. CHIP: Facilitating interprofessional and culturally competent patient care through experiential learning in China.
Online publication June, 2016 2016
- Nebraska Medicine
Carrico, C., Warning! undervaccinated healthcare personnel in this facility!
Summer, 2015, p. 18-20 2016
- Journal of Doctoral Nursing Practice
Moyle, J., , Carrico, C., Wichman, C. Recommended Health Care Personnel Immunization: Exploring Immunization Rates, Motivators, and Barriers to Immunization in Health Care Personnel.
9, p. 38-44 2016
- Journal of Vaccines
Palmer, J., , Carrico, C., Costanzo, C. Identifying and overcoming perceived barriers of providers toward HPV vaccination: A literature review.
- Nurse Practitioner
Carrico, Catherine A., , O'Keefe, Catherine. Protecting infants against pertussis The cocooning strategy in practice.
38, p. 40-45 2013
- Clinical Advisor
Pilger, Elise, Carrico, Catherine Gynecomastia in an Elderly Man 2019
- DNP Update 2023
- Nebraska Nurse Practitioner Conference: HPV and immunization update podium presentation 2019
- Global Connections with Nurses in China. Creighton University College of Nursing Annual Alumni Conference 2018
- HPV Vaccine Update: Pediatric Pharmacology Conference. Childrens Hospital and Medical Center and NE NAPNAP Chapter. 2018
- Pediatric Pharmacology Conference: NAPNAP Nebraska Chapter and Children's Hospital and Medical Center. Immunization Update: HPV. Omaha, NE 2018
- Immunization Update. What's new in the NICU 12th Annual Midwest Regional NICU conference. Omaha, NE 2017
- A vote and vax initiative for influenza Vaccine. Presented to the Annual Nebraska Immunization conference, Omaha, NE 2017
- Immunization update: HPV, Healthcare Workers and more. Nebraska Academy of Physician Assistants 42nd Annual SPring CME conference. Kearney, NE 2017
- Poster Presentation: National Association of Nurse Practitioner Faculty Annual conference. Iverson, L., Carrico, C., Hawkins, K., Potthoff, M. "Innovative Evaluation Strategies for Distance Education Graduate Nursing Students" 2016
- Collaborating Across Borders V Conference, Roanoke, VA. Patterson, A, and Carrico, C. The use of student portfolios as a guide for reflection and learning in an IPE immersion course. 2015
- Poster presentation: Monaghan, M.S., Malesker, M.A., Ryan Haddad, A.M., Packard, K.E., Elsasser, G.N., Iverson, L.M., Hawkins, K.S., Bredenkamp, N.D., Carrico, C., and Connelly, S. (July 13, 2015). Development and Assessment of an Interprofessional Education Simulation for Pharmacy and Nurse Practitioner Students. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, National Harbor, Maryland. 2015
- Poster presentation: Potthoff, M., Iverson, L., Carrico, C., Hawkins, K., Wichman, C. (March 13, 2015). Interprofessional education with nurse practitioner and emergency medical service students. NAPNAP 2015 Annual Conference. Las Vegas, NV. 2015
- Carrico, C., Hawkins, K., & Iverson, L. (May 1, 2014). Interprofessional Education with Nurse Practitioner and Emergency Medical Service Students. Presented at the Signa Theta Tau annual conference, Omaha, NE. Contributed equally to the preparation and presentation. 2014
- Protecting Infants against Pertussis: A Cocooning Strategy in Practice. Poster presentation National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Annual Conference, Omaha, NE 2012
- Protecting Infants against Pertussis: A Cocooning Strategy in Practice. Poster presentation National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX 2012
- Protecting Against Pertussis. Presented to the Pediatric Nurses Association, Childrens Hospital, Omaha, NE 2012
- "The Role of the Nurse in Patient Rehabilitation". 3rd Hospital Hebei Medical Center, Shijiazhuang, China Rehabilitation Conference. 2011
- "Cervical Spinal Cord Injuries: Assessments and Interventions for Nurses. 3rd Hospital Hebei Medical Center, Shijiazhuang, China 2011
- Leading Change Through Evidence-Based Practice. Panel member. Leading Change, Advancing Health: Improving Health Care by Transforming Nursing. Creighton University School of Nursing Conference. 2011
- "Pertussis Prevention in the NICU." Nebraska Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Conference 2011
- Wound Repair and Management. Nebraska Nurse Practitioner Conference, Kearney, NE 2011
Cultivating Collaboration: Building a Successful Collaborative Care Model in an Academic Health Partnership. Accelerating Interprofessional Community-Based Education and Practice. Funded by the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education in partnership with The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the John A. Hartford Foundation, the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation and the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
“Interprofessional Health Sciences Students’ Health Assessments used to Tailor Interventions for Community Dwelling Seniors”. In conjunction with Seven Oaks at Notre Dame and Creighton University. Gary and Mary West Foundation Grant: Interdisciplinary Coordination Program.
Health Science Student Readiness and Perceptions of Interprofessional Education: A Pilot Study”. Academic Excellence and Assessment Grant: Creighton University
Transcultural Competence & Perceptions of Interdisciplinary Healthcare in Students: An Outcomes Study of a China Immersion Program. Academic and Assessment Grant: Creighton University.