Irina V . Fox, JD
School of Law
Faculty - Law
LAWC - Ahmanson Law Center
Professor Fox specializes in business law, researching debtor-creditor relations and writing on bankruptcy issues.
Irina V . Fox, JD
Prior to joining the faculty of Creighton University School of Law, Professor Fox practiced law in San Francisco at an AmLaw A-List firm of Latham & Watkins. She represented multinational corporations in complex business litigation, focusing on antitrust. Professor Fox worked on several high-profile mergers. She was part of a trial team in a highly publicized Silicon Valley case. She also represented emerging companies in finance transactions and worked on cutting-edge bankruptcy matters. She defended the rights of several pro bono clients.
Professor Fox clerked for the Honorable Carl J. Barbier at the federal district court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. She graduated summa cum laude (second in her class) from the Louisiana State University Law Center and is a member of the Order of the Coif.
- Business Associations, Corporate Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities Regulation, Secured Transactions
Research FocusI research debtor-creditor issues, focusing on Chapter 11 corporate reorganizations and fraudulent transfers. I have also written on penalty clauses in testaments under Louisiana Civil Law and on expungement of criminal records under California Penal Code Section 851.8.
- Irina Fox, Back to Square One: How Tribune Revived the Settlement Payment Safe Harbor to Trustee Avoidance Powers in the Context of Leveraged Buyouts, 29 NORTON J. BANKR. L. & PRAC. 295 2020
- Irina Fox, Protecting All Corporate Stakeholders: Fraudulent Transfer Law as a Check on Corporate Distributions, 44 DEL. J. CORP. L. 81 2020
- Irina Fox, The Necessity of Protecting Public Securities Transactions: Reading Bankruptcy Code Section 546(e) to Preempt State-Law Fraudulent Transfer Avoidance Actions, 27 Norton J. Bankr. L. & Prac. 123 2018
- Irina Fox, Minimizing the Risk of Fraudulent Transfer Avoidance: A Good-Faith Solvency Opinion as the Shield to Protect a Leveraged Transaction, 91 Am. Bankr. L.J. 739 2017
- Irina Fox, Sealing and Destruction of Criminal Records for the Factually Innocent: A Second Chance for California Penal Code Section 851.8, 53 San Diego L. Rev. 369 2016
- Irina Fox, Update to previous article: Distressed Lender Beware: How Tousa Killed the Upstream Guarantee, 21 J. Bankr. L. & Prac. 6 Art. 1 2012
- Irina Fox, “Reasonably Equivalent Value” in § 548 Avoidance Actions: An Analytical Framework Post-In re TOUSA, Inc., 20 Norton J. Bankr. L. & Prac. 469 2011
- Irina Fox, Comment, Penalty Clauses in Testaments: What Louisiana Can Learn from the Common Law, 70 La. L. Rev. 1265 2010
- Irina V. Fox, Settlement Payment Exception to Avoidance Powers in Bankruptcy: An Unsettling Method of Avoiding Recovery from Shareholders of Failed Closely Held Company LBOs, 84 Am. Bankr. L.J. 571 2010
- Irina Fox, Women in Prison: Louisiana, Counterbalance (Nat’l Ass’n of Women Judges), Spring 2009, at 27 2009
- Irina V. Fox, Securities: Dealing with Tender Offers in M&A Transactions, in 2018 Business Law Seminar (Neb. State Bar Ass'n ed.) 2018
- Irina Fox, FTI Consulting, Inc., v. Merit Management Group, LP: Unsettled Issues in the Application of the Settlement Payment Exception to Leveraged Buyout Avoidance, 26 Norton J. Bankr. L. & Prac. 91 2017
- Guest Lecturer: American Entrepreneurship: Silicon Valley Startups Organization and Financing, Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia 2015
- Panelist speaker at San Francisco MCLE event "Building Your Brand" regarding publishing law review articles 2013