Accreditation & Outcomes
Innovative EMS Training for Your Future Career
Creighton University delivers the cutting-edge EMS education you need to become a knowledgeable and compassionate health care leader. You’ll gain the confidence and critical thinking skills you need in emergency situations. You will be prepared to interact with patients, their families and other health care providers in a professional, caring and direct manner. Thanks to endless hands-on learning opportunities—in and out of the classroom—you’ll be ready for anything you encounter in your future career.
On the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions, our cutting-edge paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. The Creighton EMS program is also recognized as a Nebraska-approved EMS training agency by the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services.
Top Pass Rates
Our pass rates consistently exceed the national average—a testament to the quality of our innovative EMS programs and our extraordinary, industry-experienced faculty.
2020 Paramedic National Registry Computer-Based Examination – Successful Pass Rate
2020 Paramedic Program Retention
2020 Paramedic Positive Job Placement
Number of students obtaining employment or continuing his or her education, including admission to graduate school and professional programs
Creighton’s industry-leading programs are taught by knowledgeable and experienced faculty. These passionate, seasoned EMS professionals are dedicated to your well-being and success. They’ll make sure you’re ready to pass your national exams and prepared to succeed in your professional endeavors.
- Master of Science in Paramedicine (online program) | approximately 25 students enrolled
- Bachelor of Science in Paramedicine | approximately 18 students enrolled annually, 75% of whom are not local | Current cohort of 35 students represent the following states: CA, HI, IA, IL, IN, NE, WA, WI and internationally Saudi Arabia
- Paramedic Certificate of Completion | approximately 12 students from the Omaha metro area annually
- Emergency Medical Technician Courses | approximately 100 students per year, 60% from the Omaha Metro area
- Paramedic Certification Course for Healthcare Professionals | 40 students annually | 90% from outside the Omaha metro area; spend 2 weeks in area.
- Pre-Hospital Care Course for Nurses | 45 students annually | 90% from outside the Omaha metro area; spend 1 week in area.
- Critical Care Paramedic (online) | 150 students annually | 90% from outside the Omaha metro area; spend 2-3 days in area.
- Paramedicine Instructor Course (online) | approximately 8 students annually.
- Paramedicine Management Course (online) | approximately 8 students annually
- American Heart Association Courses | approximately 1,500 participants annually in these half-day to day-long courses | Some participants are lay public learning CPR who will be prepared to act as immediate responders
- International Paramedic Education Partnership | 16 students annually from January through May | Living in Omaha apartment complexes and visiting many local businesses while here for their education.