8th Annual All About Orthopedics 2023
A multidisciplinary review of basic concepts and cutting edge advances in orthopedics designed for all providers that care for patients with musculoskeletal issues.
Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Fellows, Residents, Students, and Other Interested Health Care Professionals
Jointly Provided By
- Creighton University School of Medicine
- CHI Health
- Creighton University Office of Continuing Education
- Identify symptoms and treatment options for cauda equina syndrome.
- Recognize pars fractures in athletes.
- Explore the relationship between COVID-19 virus and arthritis.
- Describe treatment options for Dupuytren’s contractures.
- Summarize the role of occupational therapy in hand rehabilitation.
- Define Rotator Cuff injuries and treatment options.
- Understand the use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy as a treatment for osteomyelitis.
- Discover alternative options for patients at high risk for limb amputation.
- State therapeutic treatment options after orthopedic trauma
- Discuss antibiotic usage in prosthetic joint infections.
- Examine outcomes of surgical treatments for infected total knee arthroplasty.
Check In and Light Breakfast Provided
Welcome and Program Overview
Travis Bailey, MD
Adolescent Back Pain
Sarah Stamm, PA-C
Improving Core Engagement in Orthopedic Trauma Patients: The Acute Care C.O.R.E. Approach
Colleen Grant, DPT
Break with Visit Exhibits
David Knowles, MD
Hand Therapy: Contracture Treatment
Anthony Flores OTR/L, CLT, CEAS
Rotator Cuff Tears
Peter Adamson, MD
Lunch and Visit Exhibits
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Osteomyelitis
Luris De Calero, MD
Advances in Limb Salvage
David L. Vogel, MD
PA-C Arthritis and COVID-19
Corrine Giggee, PA-C
Break and Visit Exhibits
Prosthetic Joint Infections: Antibiotic Management
David Quimby, MD
Surgical Treatment and Outcomes of Infected Total Knee Arthroplasty
Erik Otterberg, MD
Closing Remarks and Adjournment
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education and CHI Health. Creighton University Health Sciences Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.