Creighton Scholars Program
About the Program
The Creighton Scholars Program is for academically exceptional applicants who have researched their law school options and are strongly considering attending Creighton University School of Law. This program provides applicants prompt review of their application for our most comprehensive scholarship, and there is no obligation at the time of application. Applicants are free to apply to other schools during the process of consideration. If invited and an applicant accepts the offer to be in the Creighton Scholars Program, the program becomes binding and the applicant must immediately withdraw all other applications to other schools (and agrees not to not initiate any new applications). Once invited to become a Scholar, a candidate has ten business days to decide if they want to be in the program. (Acceptance is acknowledged by signing the binding contract and getting it back to the admissions office within the ten business days.)
Applicants interested in the Creighton Scholars Program should have a superior academic record (both LSAT and GPA) and demonstrated leadership potential and/or significant volunteer and extracurricular experiences.
Benefits of the Program
- Full-tuition and fees scholarship for all three years, provided the student remains in good standing
- Invitations to special events
- Opportunity to meet with featured speakers
- Opportunity to be a mentee of one of our notable alumni
Deadlines and Process
To be considered timely, an applicant for the Creighton Scholars Program (Binding) must:
- Take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) no later than March.
- Register with the LSAC Credential Assembly Service (CAS). This includes applicants presenting foreign credentials.
- Complete the Law School Admission Council Electronic Application.
- Indicate in the application that you want to be consider for this program.
- Interview (either in person or via Zoom).
- Submit your complete application and $50 application fee by March 31.
Applicants to the Creighton Scholars Program will receive a decision (admit, deny, or hold) within 10 business days of application completion and interview. An applicant that is put on hold will move into the regular admissions process and is not bound to attend Creighton School of Law, if admitted.
If you wish to accept an invitation to the Creighton Scholars Program, you will:
- Submit a signed Letter of Intent (Binding Scholars Admission Contract) within ten business days.
Once we have received your Binding Scholars Admissions Contract, you must:
- Immediately withdraw all other current or pending applications and not start any new applications at any other law school(s); and
- Submit your seat deposits 60 days after signed binding contract (total $500.00).
- Meet all commitment requirements with Creighton University.
About Our Creighton Scholars