Masses, Campus Ministry and St. John’s Church
- Daily Mass is offered several times a day all week long in St. John’s Church.
- Masses are also celebrated frequently in the chapels of Criss I and the School of Dentistry building, and weekly in the Ahmanson Center and Mike and Josie Harper Center. Masses are celebrated for students in the evening in the residence halls’ chapels at least once per month.
- Taizé ecumenical prayer, liturgy of evening prayer and a memorial service for those recently deceased are offered on regular schedules and are announced in Creighton Today. Regular opportunities for the sacrament of reconciliation, and for anointing of the sick are posted on the St. John’s website.
- Protestant liturgies are celebrated on Sunday evening in the chapel in lower St. John’s. Personal Support for Community and Mission Formation
- The process for joining the Catholic Church with the sacraments of initiation (baptism, confirmation and eucharist) is provided for those interested through St. John’s and Campus Ministry.
- Ignatian lay communities (Christian Life Community and Ignatian Associates) have faculty/ staff groups meeting on campus as well as student groups. Ordinary spiritual direction and pastoral counseling are also provided when requested.
- A volunteer group of faculty and staff provide Bereavement Ministry to all employees who have recently lost a family member in death. The committee visits on the first month after death, the third month, sixth month and the one-year anniversary.
One who goes about to reform the world must begin with the self.
— Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, SJ, Former Superior General of the Society of Jesus