*Spring Decals will be available for purchase on JayPark in early December*
Public Safety Promotes Free Garage Parking Over Upcoming Breaks
Students who will leave their vehicles on campus over the upcoming breaks are encouraged to park inside the 24th Street Garage. All students, with or without permits, are eligible, but must register using the link below. Drivers can access the garage from Burt Street at 23rd Street.
Christmas Break: Park from 7 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 6, to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 7.
Vehicles without permits must be removed from the garage after the listed times. Please lock your doors and do not leave personal items visible in your vehicle.
Department of Public Safety
Holiday Break Links
Survey must be submitted by Dec 4 4 p.m.
Parking on campus?
Any vehicle on University property is Omaha should have a decal, temporary hangtag or printed permit issued by Parking Services through JayPark or is subject to citation. Phoenix students and employees can purchase access through their JayPark account to the Catalina Garage.
If you sell your vehicle, keep your decal, as they are repositionable. If you forget, you must park on city streets or purchase a day pass at JayPark. If you lose your decal, you will need to purchase a new permit at the price applicable on the date of purchase. If your vehicle and/or decal is stolen or totaled, bring a police report to Parking Services to get a new decal.
The person who purchases the permit is responsible for any citations issued to that permit, regardless of whose vehicle displayed the permit. Read more about in the “Additional Information” section below.
Omaha Student Parking
Student parking lots and spaces are designated in green. Lots designated in gold are available to employee and student permits.
Students with garage decals may only park in the garage or all permit type lots, not in any other surface lots such as student lots.
- Available to residential and non-health sciences commuter students at the base rate of $415 annually or $225 per semester.
Short Term Student Surface Printable Permits:
- Daily: $5
- Weekly: $15
- Monthly: $60
- includes lots E93A/B, E78, and E75. Drivers parking in perimeter lots are encouraged to use Creighton’s free Shuttle Service to their destination.
- Available for $200 per year.
- In the interest of safety, all Creighton affiliates displaying a valid perimeter permit may park in any student, employee, or all permit parking lots from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Friday, and any time on weekends.
- Available to students at $600 annually.
- Garage parking is offered to students through a random lottery over the Summer.
- Garages require a Creighton JayCard linked to a vehicle registration for the specific garage.
- The 24th Street garage will first be opened only to residential students. 15% of the 20th Street garage is reserved for employees and the rest residential students. The 85 stalls in the School of Dentistry may only be purchased by those approved by the Dental Dean’s Office. If stalls still remain in 20th and 24th street garages, registration will be opened to commuter students and more employees.
- The Kenefick and Heider garages will be sold to residents of those halls.
Health Sciences Student
As the new Werner Center opens, parking lot designations are changing. All School of Medicine, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, and commuter (non-residential) School of Nursing students will only be able to purchase the new discounted Health Sciences Student (HSS) decal.
- $300 annually
- During the business day, this decal will only be valid in Lots W6, 98, E99, E78, and E75.
- During the breaks when shuttles are not running, as well as from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. on weeknights and all through the weekend, vehicles with HSS decals may park in Lots 48 and 58, as well as any other student or employee lot.
- A shuttle will transport students to and from the Werner Center, Lot W6, and Lot 98 every 10 minutes throughout the day. Shuttle routes and schedules will be updated on the shuttle services website this summer.
Short Term HSS Printable Permits:
- Daily: $4
- Weekly: $11
- Monthly: $45
Omaha Employee Parking
New hires will not automatically populate into the JayPark system until around day 2 of their employment. Once they can log in with their Creighton SSO they will apply and purchase their permit. The system will allow them to then print a temporary permit until theirs arrives. If a citation is received prior to the temporary being printed have a supervisor contact Parking Services. Creating a guest account will not allow you to purchase the appropriate permit.
See the pay scale below.
In June, Creighton employees in Omaha can begin purchasing parking permits for the 2023-2024 academic year through JayPark.
There will again be a tiered pricing structure and decals will be mailed directly to homes. The peel-and-stick decals should be displayed on the inside of your windshield on the passenger side. If you change vehicles for any reason, temporarily or permanently, the decal can be transferred to the other vehicle.
Benefits-Eligible Employees: Annual Cost
|Less than $50,000|
|$50,000 - $100,000||$450||$225||$600|
|Greater than $100,000||$500||$250||$600|
Cost based on number of hours working on-campus per week includes long-term contract partners, temporary employees, and adjunct faculty.
|≤ 16 hours per week||17-28 hours per week||>28 hours per week|
|Per Semester: Fall/Spring/Summer|
|Annual (August 1, 2023 - July 31, 2024)|
Short-Term Printable Permit
Parking Services will also continue to offer short-term printable permits for anyone who has short-term needs not covered by other categories of parking permits. These are available through JayPark.
Phoenix Campus Parking
Faculty, staff, and students can purchase garage parking in the Catalina Parking Garage on a first come, first serve basis. There are 500 spots. There are no physical decals. You will access the garage with your Creighton JayCard. Access is uploaded within 2 business days after the chosen start date. Daily options can be purchased directly from the garage.
Prices are as follows:
- $600 annually for a standard spot
- $1,200 annually for a reserved spot
- $65 month to month for a standard spot
- Parking spots are charged to benefits eligible employees monthly
To register for parking:
- Visit the Jaypark System
- These permits do not auto renew.
- You must allow up to 2 business days for the Catalina Garage to process your payment and add access to your card.
Omaha Perimeter Parking
Perimeter parking is restricted to lots E93a/b, E78, and E75. Drivers parking in perimeter lots are encouraged to use Creighton’s free Shuttle Service to their destination.
- Available for $200 per year.
- From 4 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Friday, and any time on weekends, all Creighton affiliates displaying a valid perimeter permit may park in any surface lot on campus.
Omaha After-Hours Parking
In the interest of safety, Public Safety adjusts parking regulations during evenings and weekends.
Evening-only permits are available for no cost; these permits allow faculty, staff, and students to park in faculty/staff and student parking areas from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Friday, and any time on weekends. The evening-only permit also may be used in patient parking areas during the hours listed below. The evening-only permit may not be used to park in visitor parking areas.
- Evening-only permits may be obtained through JayPark
- All Creighton affiliates displaying a valid permit may park in any student, employee, or all permit parking lots from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday through Friday, and any time on weekends.
- The evening-only permit also may be used in patient parking areas from 5 p.m. through 6 a.m., Monday through Friday and any time on the weekends.
- Faculty, staff, students with Creighton permits may park in Dental Patient Parking (Lots 38A, 28, and 8A) from 5 p.m. through 6 a.m., Monday through Friday and any time on the weekends.
- Faculty, staff, students with Creighton permits may park in OT/PT patient parking under the BIC (Lot 87) from 6 p.m.-6 a.m., Monday through Friday, and any time on weekends.
- The evening-only permit may not be used in visitor parking.
Windshield Decals and Temporary Hangtags
To avoid a citation, Creighton employees and students must have a repositionable decal, temporary hangtag, or printed permit issued by Parking Services through JayPark when parking on property at any time.
- Faculty, staff, and students may never park in visitor parking.
- Motorcycles parked near bicycle racks do not require a permit; however, motorcycles that take up a parking stall must display a current parking decal.
- Displaying a permit allows you to leave a vehicle in a parking stall, as space is available, but does not guarantee the availability of a stall.
- University ID cards and parking permits are required for all garages.
- Unauthorized parking in handicapped stalls, fire lanes, and specifically-designated stalls (e.g., VP/Dean, Facilities Vehicles, etc.) is enforced at all times, year-round.
The University uses a repositionable decal, which must be affixed to the interior of the front windshield on the passenger side in the lower corner. The entire decal must be clearly visible from the outside—not positioned behind tinting or obscured by snow/ice.
The repositionable decal allows you to move your decal to another vehicle for any reason, including getting a new vehicle during the year, driving a loaner or riding with another driver to campus.
Do not misplace your decal. Keep your decal if you sell your vehicle.
- Lose your decal? You will need to purchase a replacement for $50. Please see Parking FAQs for more information.
- Stolen or totaled vehicle and/or decal? Bring a police report to Parking Services to get a new decal. The person who purchases the permit is responsible for any citations issued to that permit, regardless of whose vehicle displayed the permit.
- Forget to move your decal from another vehicle? You must park on city streets or purchase a day pass through JayPark.
Special Section Areas
All employees, students and guests on campus are asked not to block fire lanes, fire hydrants, gate arms, or service/garage doors, or park on grass or landscaping.
Do not park or leave your vehicle unattended in any of the following areas at any time:
- Stalls reserved for the President / Vice Presidents, Provost / Vice Provosts, Deans, Jesuits or Visitors
- Deglman Square (Drop off and pick up only; vehicle must be attended at all times)
- East Lane by the Harper Center (Drop off and pick up only; vehicle must be attended at all times)
- Visitor parking
- Any loading docks
Do not park in handicapped stalls without a state-issued handicapped permit or license plate. A vehicle with state-issued handicapped permit or license plate must also display a University permit to park in a designated handicapped stall on University property.
At Creighton, we apply the industry’s best practices and latest technologies to best serve the needs of students, employees and guests.
Our focus is on developing accessible and appropriate parking solutions for customers and innovative programs by trained and skilled personnel. Our parking team:
- utilizes creativity in finding solutions to parking challenges faced by the University and its affiliates
- provides respectful and professional customer service through timely and focused communications
- upholds accountability and integrity in enforcement of the University’s Parking Rules and Regulations
- Is committed to adaptability in addressing rapidly changing parking needs
If you have questions about campus parking, contact us for the most current information at 402.280.5225. You can also visit our office and conduct parking transactions at the Harper Center, Room 1090, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. We will be happy to assist you.
(located with Card Services office)
Mike and Josie Harper Center
602 N. 20th St.
Omaha, NE 68178
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
Monday through Friday
Jessica Weaver, Parking Coordinator
Edward Gauhari, Associate Director of Card and Parking Services
Michael Reiner, Assistant Vice President of Public Safety
Send an email to one of the following areas.
For after-hours concerns, contact public safety at 402.280.2104.