Look through the links below to learn about our various community partners here in Omaha.
If you aren’t able to participate in an SCSJ program or are looking for something else, here are some search engines for virtual service opportunities!
- SHARE Omaha offers the public opportunities to connect with Omaha metro nonprofits through donations, volunteering and shopping wish lists. We make it easy to find local nonprofits and engage with them how you choose. Check out filter options to refine search by impact area.
- Omprakash Partners offers free online volunteering and internship opportunities with vetted grassroots social impact organizations in over 40 countries around the world.
- VolunteerMatch has large numbers of opportunities that are searchable by the type of service
- Catchafire has large numbers of opportunities that are searchable by the type of service
- All for Good has large numbers of opportunities that are searchable by the type of service
- Points of Light has created a database of virtual opportunities through their partners.
- Idealist has a number of virtual volunteer opportunities around the globe
- UN Volunteers - Online volunteering allows organizations and volunteers to team up to address sustainable development challenges – anywhere in the world.
- Help make records of the National Archives more searchable and discoverable as a Citizen Archivist.
- Help Amnesty International conduct research into global human rights violations.
- Scan or proofread books added to an online digital collection for individuals with reading disabilities through BookShare.Org.
- Allow your computer to run calculations that support researchers in better understanding how proteins fold with Folding@Home.
- Join the U.S. Digital Response Team for COVID-19 Volunteers, and provide assistance with data, digital, and operational capacities for the government.
- Assist professional researchers online by making classifications on data, being a beta tester on projects, or moderating a project for Zooniverse.
- Write letters to folks who are incarcerated and are experiencing social isolation at this time with the Malta Pen Pal Program. To get involved, email Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be My Eyes - This is a free mobile app that connects blind and low-vision individuals with sighted volunteers through a live video call to help solve tasks big and small.
- Crisis Text Line is the free, 24/7 text line for people in crisis in the United States. The service is powered by volunteer Crisis Counselors who work remotely —anywhere with a computer and secure internet connection works.
- Video chat with immunocompromised children and help overcome social isolation while social distancing with Hopecam.
- Big & Mini is searching for young adults to connect with seniors and help combat feelings of isolation.
- AARP’s Friendly Voice Call Center asks for volunteers to take calls with older adults experiencing isolation or just seeking a friendly conversation in these challenging times.
- CovEd.org is seeking virtual mentors for K-12 students from under-resourced communities.
- Sign up to provide math tutoring and college counseling with UPchieve for low-income students.
- The Scholar Network is looking for virtual tutors able to make a commitment of 2 hours per week to support students grade K-8 during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Record yourself reading a children’s book to add to an online library of videos shared with children with special needs or chronic and life-threatening illnesses via the Happy Hope Foundation.
- Teens Give - Our virtual volunteering options are a dream come true for our volunteers and their parents alike by removing the transportation component and opening up communities well beyond our local area and allowing direct interaction with people that need our help.
- Join in the nationwide #ReadTogether challenge to help ease children’s anxiety from the pandemic.