Business Administration Minor
Creighton’s business administration minor provides students who are not enrolled in the Heider College of Business with a basic understanding of business. You will gain proficiency in essential core business areas—markets, financial statements, organizational behavior and marketing concepts and strategy—and can explore further fields of business that interest you.
Business drives the economy. It impacts your daily living and career, even if you are employed outside traditional business fields. A business administration minor offers insight into the roles various business disciplines play in our lives, whether you are a health professional who hopes to own a flourishing practice one day or a teacher looking to improve your financial well-being through investments.
Along with the credit requirements of your selected major, curriculum for the business administration minor consists of 18 additional credits.
Required Core Business Courses
- ACC 201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ECO 203 Introductory Microeconomics
- MGT 271 Organizational Behavior
- MKT 319 Principles of Marketing
Elective Business Courses (select two)
- BIA 253 Management Information Systems
- BUS 201 Legal Environment of Business
- FIN 353 Personal Financial Planning for Financial Planners
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.