Business Intelligence and Analytics Major (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration)
As businesses use more technology, they need employees who understand information management. Creighton’s program combines a fundamental understanding of computer processing with the design and management of information systems. When you graduate with a business intelligence and analytics degree, you’ll be prepared for a career in all areas of information management.
Creighton’s business intelligence and analytics graduates are generally employed in career tracks leading toward positions in systems analysis and design, programming, database administration, web strategy, network administration and consulting. The average starting salary for Creighton’s 2020 graduates with a business intelligence and analytics degree was $60,000.
The Bachelor of Science in business intelligence and analytics will help you learn the fundamental concepts of business information processing systems.
As part of the business intelligence and analytics program, you’ll learn:
- To apply business ethics and leadership skills
- How to analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure and employment reports
- To develop solutions or alternative practices
- How to recommend new systems, procedures or organizational changes
- Best practices for driving business decisions with data and analysis
Along with Creighton’s core requirements, there are 21 credits required for each of the three tracks in the business intelligence and analytics curriculum:
Applied Information Technology Minor
The applied information technology minor provides you with an understanding of IT concepts, their application and value creation through the use of technology and information systems. You’ll learn about data management, analysis and design of system, data communication concepts and other related IT topics. This minor is only available to students who are not in the Heider College of Business.
Interested in teaching in secondary education?
Start your graduate studies with a Master of Education in Secondary School Teaching while finishing up your bachelor’s degree and get a head start in your teaching preparation.
Learn how to save a year of time and tuition through our Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s programs.
The Heider Mindset Curriculum
Employers today need agile, adaptive professionals who understand that business can be done ethically and for the good of others. Creighton is paving the way in preparing students with those skills by implementing the Mindset Curriculum. Our courses help students work toward the skills that businesses are looking for, positioning them for success in the job market and beyond. It's part of how we teach students to do well while doing good. The six mindset are: Action, Analytical, Collaborative, Cross-Cultural, Reflective and Service.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
Alpha Kappa Psi: Business
- Become a part of the oldest and largest business fraternity, a group that develops well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful, experienced business leaders.
Heider Business Senate
- A liaison between the student body and the administration of the Heider College of Business, the Senate promotes the mission and values of the college through various projects.
Beta Gamma Sigma: Business
- Encouraging and rewarding scholarship and accomplishment among students of commerce and business administration, Beta Gamma Sigma promotes the advancement of education in the art and science of business and fosters integrity in the conduct of business activities.
At Creighton, we take your success seriously. That’s why we designed our Career Portfolio Program around your success as both a student and a professional. Our integrated philosophy of incorporating a balanced, hands-on learning experience with emphasis on ethics and service to others means that as a Creighton graduate, you will have the freedom, conscience, commitment and opportunity to do the right thing extremely well.
More than 90% of Creighton business students complete at least one internship during their college career. Internships are an excellent way to “sample” jobs that might become your career focus. Interns gain real world skills that strengthen their qualifications and give them a competitive edge when applying for full-time jobs later.
Previous business intelligence students have obtained internships at:
- Cerner Corporation
- General Electric
- Lockheed Martin
Ricketts Center in Analytics and Data Science
The Ricketts Center promotes information technology (IT) education and builds bridges with the business community. The Ricketts Center supports the bachelor’s program in business intelligence and analytics.