Business Analytics (Master of Science)
Housed within the Heider College of Business, Creighton University’s Master of Science in Business Analytics (MS-BA) program centers around three central ideas: Managing data from a variety of sources, using analytical tools to gain insights from that data, and effectively communicating results to decision-makers within your organization. This program prepares students as business analysts, using their analytical skills to turn data into actionable insights.
This master’s degree program provides practical knowledge in descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics, data visualization and modeling, machine learning, database management and more. You’ll learn to analyze data, solve complex problems and drive decision-making processes.
Employers are searching for business analysts, marketing managers and data scientists who can pull together and manage big data to move their companies forward. A study conducted by the Business-Higher Education Forum found that 69% of employers will prefer job candidates with business analytics degrees. In addition, the US News & World Report ranked it as a top 40 graduate online business program for 2023.
Designed to Fit Your Busy Schedule
The MS in Business Analytics program can prepare you for a career as an analyst in just over two years. You won’t have to put your current job on hold. You can complete your analytics courses online whenever and wherever works best for you.
Natalie Gerhart, PhD, Associate Professor of Business Intelligence & Analytics
“Our Business Analytics program prepares future business leaders in the areas of statistical thinking, computational thinking, data literacy, storytelling, and business acumen. Our graduates use data to build models, but also go a step further in applying their results to responsible decision making to improve businesses. Our program emphasizes action not just concepts!”
Program Goals and Curriculum
Technology touches every aspect of business, and graduates of the MS in Business Analytics program are prepared to set the pace, bringing a values-centered perspective to the business world. This program focuses on using analytics to improve business decision making, with courses covering descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
To earn this degree, you must complete 33 credits. Core courses include:
- Data Visual Analysis and Visualization
- Database Management Systems
- Ethics for Data Analysts
- Machine Learning
- Applications of Optimization Modeling
The remaining credits required for the degree can be completed as electives in business analytics or in the MBA. Students can take a maximum of 6 credits in the MBA and the remaining courses must be Business Analytics courses. Students without a previous background in statistics will be asked to take Statistics for Data Scientists as one of their elective courses. Students without a previous background in Python will be asked to take Python Programming for Analytics as one of their elective courses.
Learn from experienced experts with a proven track record of fostering student success. The MS Business Analytics faculty is an essential part of your learning team that strives to help you achieve your best.
Dual Degree and Certificate Options
Creighton University offers a dual master’s degree program to graduate students who are interested in earning their MBA and MS-BA simultaneously.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) + Master of Science Business Analytics
- Combine the business focus of the MBA program with the data and technology aspects of the BA program. Earn two master’s degrees in a shorter amount of time than it takes to complete two full degrees.
- Available in on-campus or hybrid formats
If you aren’t ready to commit to a master’s degree program, you have an opportunity to expand your skills through the Business Analytics Graduate Certificate program.
Certificate in Business Analytics (15 credits)
- Work on projects that involve real-world data sets, develop basic data-driven models, and obtain a basic understanding of analytics by earning the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics.
- Credits earned for a graduate certificate can be applied toward a Master of Science in Business Analytics degree.
- Available in a hybrid format
To be considered for admission to the MS in Business Analytics program, applicants must:
- Complete an application
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Provide official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
- Include a resume or curriculum vitae
- Submit a personal statement (see the application for specific requirements)
- Submit two letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members
- Provide a GMAT score, if required
International students are welcomed into this program so long as they complete it from their country of residence, as F-1 visas will not be issued.
International applicants must:
- Meet English language proficiency requirements
- Provide evaluations of all transcripts from a NACES-accredited agency
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. Visit our financial aid site for more details.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. We also encourage you to apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Still have questions? Email or call a friendly financial specialist at 402.280.2731 for any additional questions you may have.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications to the MS in Business Analytics reviews occur on a rolling basis. Once your application is submitted, we will review it and work with you to get into the next available class.
Start Classes In: