Creighton Rankings & Recognition
We don’t rest on our laurels.
Creighton is a place where students, faculty and staff of varied backgrounds come to learn across disciplines, share values and drive purposeful change. But don’t take our word for it. See what everyone else is saying about Creighton and our schools and colleges.
A Top-ranked National University
Creighton University ranks in the top third of National Universities in U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-2023 rankings for “Best Colleges.” For a fourth consecutive year, Creighton returns to the prestigious list of National Universities, recognized for offering a full range of undergraduate majors and master’s and doctoral programs, and for producing groundbreaking research.
A top-ranking National University classification marks an elevation in Creighton’s reputation. For 16 years in a row, Creighton had been recognized as No. 1 in the Midwest category.
Creighton is also recognized for undergraduate teaching, innovation, and as a best value institution.
The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Ranking has named Creighton:
- In the top 20% of institutions in a 2022 survey.
- One of the Top 10 midsize colleges in the Midwest in 2021.
Creighton is recognized as one of the nation’s top higher education institutions.
- The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) ranks Creighton in the top 5% of schools worldwide (No. 1,004 out of 20,000). Nationally, the CWUR places the University at No. 220.
- Forbes magazine has rated Creighton No. 196 on its list of the nation’s top 600 colleges that deliver the top academics, best experiences, career success and lowest debt.
The Princeton Review recognizes Creighton in several categories:
- The Princeton Review names Creighton University as one of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduates, according to its “Best 388 Colleges for 2023.”
- The guide also ranks Creighton 2nd on the breakout list for “Students Love Their School Teams” and 12th on the list for “Students Most Engaged in Community Service,” based on student survey responses to questions covering community service opportunities, student government, sustainability efforts, and on-campus student engagement.
- The Princeton Review selected Creighton as one of the nation’s best-value institutions in its 2022 list of “Best Value Colleges.”
Best Online Programs
The Most Goldwater Scholars
Creighton has produced the most Goldwater scholars of any Catholic university over the past 18 years. The highly competitive, prestigious Goldwater Scholarship recognizes undergraduate students for their academic achievements in the natural sciences.
Tavian Sanchez, a neuroscience major, and Presley Kimball, a mathematics and Spanish major, are Creighton’s 2022 scholars.
A First-gen Forward University
The Center for First-generation Student Success, an initiative of NASPA—Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education and The Suder Foundation, included Creighton in its 2021-22 First-gen Forward cohort.
The First-gen Forward designation recognizes institutions of higher education for demonstrated commitment to improving experiences and advancing outcomes of first-generation college students.
A College of Distinction
Committed to Sustainability
Creighton is committed to addressing our planet’s most pressing issues and improving the lives of our diverse populations.
We’re proud to be the first Jesuit university to achieve Fair Trade status as part of Fair Trade Colleges & Universities, a national initiative to recognize institutions’ efforts to support sustainable and equitable sourcing.
We are one of the nation’s most environmentally responsible colleges, according to The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges: 2022 Edition.
Our green endeavors reach across campus—from academics to facilities.