Campus to Fully Open June 1
Creighton University is fully opening access to its Omaha and Phoenix campuses to faculty, staff, students, visitors, campus guests and campus contractors, effective June 1.
- Flexible work schedules, with some employees working remotely, will continue as approved. Employees will be notified in advance of any changes to work locations.
- Exterior-door access will be restored for public-facing campus buildings.
In-Person Learning for Fall 2021 Semester
Creighton plans to return to full in-person learning and traditional academic calendars this fall. Specific 2021-2022 calendars for undergraduate, graduate and professional programs are available on the Office of the Registrar website.
Classrooms, laboratories and other spaces on campus will be open for usage at full capacity, and residence halls will return to a traditional full-floor format for the fall 2021 semester.
Fully Vaccinated? Face Coverings Not Required
If you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, you are not required to wear a face covering or practice social distancing on our Omaha and Phoenix campuses. However, if you would feel more comfortable wearing a face covering on campus, please continue to do so.
If you have not been vaccinated, you are expected to continue to wear a face covering and social distance to protect yourself, your family and vulnerable members of the Creighton community.
Vaccinations Required for All Students Coming to Campus, Effective July 7
Effective July 7, all students reporting to our Omaha and Phoenix campuses are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their arrival on campus. As with other immunizations required by the University, Student Health Education and Compliance will monitor compliance. Find more information on immunization requirements, including a link to the medical exemption form.
Students participating in an on-campus program without verified COVID-19 vaccination documentation (or an approved exemption) may be subject to unenrollment.
All students enrolled in in-person courses for the fall semester are required to upload vaccination documentation (or receive an approved exemption) by August 1.
For questions specific to Creighton’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement, please email dslcommunications [at] creighton [dot] edu or call 402.280.2775.
Have You Received a COVID-19 Vaccine?
All students, faculty and staff should upload confirmation of COVID-19 vaccinations to the BirdHouse. For each dose of vaccine received, please record the date of your vaccination and upload a picture of your vaccination card. An instructional video on how to update your immunization records is available on the BirdHouse website.
On-Campus COVID-19 Testing Center
Creighton’s on-campus testing center has ceased operations. Learn more about where to get tested in Douglas County. You may also contact your primary care provider or the CHI Student Care Clinic to discuss COVID-19 testing options.
Community Vaccine Clinics
Creighton University administered more than 42,000 doses of vaccine through its COVID-19 community vaccine clinic in partnership with the Douglas County Health Department. See the final numbers.
Clinical Settings and Affiliate Programs
Health sciences students, faculty and staff working in clinical settings or participating in affiliate programs in Denver, Colorado; Grand Island, Nebraska; or Anchorage, Alaska, will need to continue to follow COVID-19 protocols as outlined by the respective clinical facility or location.
For the latest information on University-sponsored travel, visit our Global Engagement Office website.
Recent Updates to Campus Operations
The following are effective June 1:
- Discontinue COVID-19 event review process. Event requests follow pre-pandemic processes through Centralized Reservations.
- Campus events and activities, including athletic camps, that are indoors and primarily involve participants under the age of 16 will continue to require everyone in attendance to wear a face covering.
- Sunset the University’s COVID-19 Community Standards, which set pandemic-related requirements for accessing campus.
- Sunset the COVID-19 Strategy and Implementation Team (SIT).
- Sunset the Pandemic Policy, which outlined compensation procedures and weather/emergency-related closings under a full or partial closure due to the pandemic.
- Watch for updates to Creighton’s pre-pandemic weather/emergency-related closing policy.
- No longer require Creighton employees and students to complete the online campus-access form for visitors to gain access to campus.