In the Community
We help strengthen the community we call home.
You’ll take away a lot from your Creighton experience, like a top-tier Jesuit education. But, ultimately, you’ll give back even more. Community engagement is a big part of life on campus. It’s partly because of our Jesuit tradition and the character of our students. But, mostly, it’s just what we do.
As a Jesuit university, Creighton works in and around our region and through global initiatives to create better communities and a better world.
We’re having a serious impact on our local economy—ensuring the vitality of Omaha, the state of Nebraska and the Midwest. And we’re carrying the spirit of service even further. Our students, faculty, staff and alumni volunteer their time to work with our community partners on the initiatives that serve those in need and help create a more just world.
million annual student service hours
million annual faculty/staff service hours
million annual service hours combined
How exactly do we measure our impact in the community?
- Academic Service-Learning programs, providing opportunities to serve and learn in the community
- over 1.1 million student service hours
- over 14 million faculty and staff service hours
- over 15 million annual service hours total
- 500 partnerships with local, national and international organizations