Business Administration MBA (Master’s)
Earning an MBA from Creighton University's Heider College of Business is a step that'll open doors in your career. A Creighton MBA will help you be a critical thinker, ethical decision-maker and effective leader. Creighton is ranked in the top 25% of business schools in the country. People respect a Creighton MBA, which translates to greater earning potential for you and an ROI worth your time.
Your time is valuable. Our MBA program can be customized allowing you the flexibility you need to reach your personal goals. With multiple learning options available, you can earn your MBA by completing courses online, on campus or a combination of both. Best of all, the 33-credit Creighton MBA can be completed in just over two years, putting you on the career fast-track.
Join a Network of Successful Creighton MBA Alumni
A survey conducted by the Graduate Management Admissions Council found that 95% of alumni would recruit a fellow alum for a job. Earning a Creighton MBA gains you membership in the club. You’ll connect with MBA grads who have careers in Fortune 500 companies like Union Pacific, ConAgra, Mutual of Omaha, TD Ameritrade and more. These connections can open doors for your career.
Program Goals and Curriculum
The Creighton MBA program is designed to focus on developing values-based leaders.
Core courses include:
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- Survey of Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Business Policy and Managerial Action
- Business, Ethics and Society
Functional core courses include:
- Financial Reporting for MBAs
- Managerial Finance
- Economic Analysis for Managers
- Marketing Management
View the full course curriculum via Creighton's academic catalog.
A Creighton MBA will prepare you to lead with integrity and to make a difference in the business world by giving you the skills to succeed. To personalize this outcome, we’ve partnered with AstrumU to utilize their AI engine to translate how career goals, work experience and educational choices can predict career outcomes and the probability of success. Achieve your goals faster and confidently with a Creighton MBA.
Creighton's MBA program covers advanced topics in all areas of business, including accounting, business intelligence and analytics, and management. Students may opt to focus on a specific business area by taking multiple courses in a single area.
Concentration areas include:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Financial Psychology and Behavioral Finance
- Personal Financial Planning
- Personal statement
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Completion of undergrad statistics course (or noncredit tutorial may be completed for a fee, if needed)
- GMAT score, if required
- Personal Interview (per request of admissions committee)
- 1-3 years of professional work experience preferred
- Additional requirements for international students
International students are welcomed into this program and F-1 visas may be supported upon admission, depending on a student’s choice of program format.
International applicants must:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. View the tuition and fees for this program.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. We also encourage you to apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Still have questions? Email or call a friendly financial specialist at 402.280.2731.
Dates and Deadlines
The information below detail the enrollment deadlines and starting dates of courses for the current academic year. If you have any questions about dates, deadlines or application materials, please contact an enrollment specialist for personalized assistance.
Rolling admission: Once your application is submitted it will be reviewed and we'll work with you to get into the next available class.
On-Campus - Start Classes In:
Online - Start Classes In:
Creighton University has been awarded Regional Accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
The Heider College of Business has been accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Creighton is one of only 2% of institutions to have attained AACSB accreditation for both business and accounting.
The Jesuit Business Network’s transfer agreement makes attaining an MBA even easier. The agreement guarantees that credits taken at one Jesuit institution will seamlessly transfer to more than 20 other Jesuit universities, including Boston College, Fordham University, Loyola University Chicago, Saint Louis University, Seattle University, and the University of San Francisco.
How does it work?
- Students can augment their coursework with classes from other universities within the network of schools
- If you move during your MBA, you can easily transfer credits back to Creighton in order to complete your MBA
- The degree is conferred by the university where you complete over 50% of your coursework