Business Analytics (Graduate Certificate)
A Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics from Creighton University’s Heider College of Business can help you learn the core concepts behind business analytics in less than one year.
You’ll use real-world data sets to develop skills to manage and analyze critical data as well as learn how to communicate your findings to key decision makers in your organization. Skills and techniques learned in this program can be applied in various settings to help make better business decisions and keep your company running smoothly.
“The Business Analytics program is great because students gain so much practical knowledge. Many of our students interact with real world companies, helping them implement databases so that they can have that as a takeaway product to show what they've been able to do.”
—Dustin Ormond, PhD | Assistant Professor, Heider College of Business
You’ll practice advanced data analytics, learning to solve complex problems and drive decision-making processes—and because Jesuit values are infused in every program at Creighton, you’ll learn all those things through a lens of spirited inquiry, social justice and service to others.
PREPARE FOR A FUTURE FOCUSED ON ANALYTICS
There’s no time like the present to further your education in business analytics. Out of over 535,000 finance and insurance industry related job postings listed in January 2017, 77% of them were analytics-enabled positions, according to research conducted by Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC).
Employers are searching for financial experts who can pull together and manage big data, pinpoint key takeaways from that information, and make important business decisions based on their findings to move their companies forward.
A PROGRAM DESIGNED TO FIT YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE
Creighton University’s Business Analytics Graduate Certificate program is designed with your schedule in mind. Classes are held in the evenings on campus at Creighton University’s Heider College of Business. In addition, you can customize the curriculum to fit your career goals with two elective courses.
You can complete this certificate program in about a year. If you decide to pursue a master’s degree, your credits can be applied to a Master of Science in Analytics or a Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics, which adds just another year or so to your studies once you’ve earned the certificate.
Anton Ames, MBA | Instructor, Heider College of Business
“The BIA program provides a landscape view of the many different aspects of analytics. Once students have this broad perspective, they can take a deep dive into data mining, machine learning or artificial intelligence.”
Program Goals and Curriculum
To earn a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics at Creighton University, you must complete 15 credit hours:
- Core Courses
- Python Programming for Analytics
- Statistics for Data Science
- Database Base Management Systems
Elective Courses (6 credits)
- Predictive Analysis
- Applications of Optimization Modeling
- Data Wrangling
- Data Visual Analysis and Visualization
- Ethics in Data Analytics
- Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Database Warehousing and Advanced Database Systems
- Business & Analytics Readings
Our respected faculty at Creighton strives to help students in the business analytics certificate program strengthen their skills, expand their knowledge and work to achieve their goals.
Master's and Dual Degree Options
Credits earned for this graduate certificate can be applied toward multiple master’s programs, including the Master of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics which can also be combined with an MBA for a dual degree.
Master of Accounting (33 credits)
- In the Master of Accounting program, you will complete a non-thesis program that provides individualized, intensive education that will prepare you to seek CPA certification.
- Available on campus
Master of Science in Analytics (33 credits)
- In the MS in Analytics program, you’ll gain practical knowledge in predictive and prescriptive analytics, data visualization and modeling, machine learning, database management, research and more.
- Available online
- In the MS in Business Intelligence and Analytics program, you’ll learn to manage data from a variety of sources, use analytical tools to gain insights from that data, and effectively communicate results to decision makers within your organization.
- Available in a hybrid format
- Combine the business focus of the MBA program with the data and technology aspects of analytics. Earn two master’s degrees in a short amount of time.
- Available in on-campus, online, or hybrid formats
To be considered for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics program, applicants must:
- Complete an application
- Include an updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Provide an official transcript from the institution that granted the Bachelor’s degree. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Submit a personal statement of interest in the graduate certificate
- Include proficiency in computer programming and at least one undergraduate statistics course that covered correlation and regression (you may complete a noncredit statistics tutorial and/or a one-credit computer programming course to fulfill these requirements)
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International students are welcomed into this program so long as they complete it from their country of residence, as F-1 visas will not be issued.
International applicants must:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. Visit our financial aid site for more details.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. We also encourage you to apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Still have questions? Email or call a friendly financial specialist at 402.280.2731 for any additional questions you may have.
Dates and Deadlines
The table below details the enrollment deadlines and starting dates of courses for the current academic year. If you have any questions about dates, deadlines, or application materials, please contact an enrollment specialist for personalized assistance.
Rolling admission: Once your application is submitted it will be reviewed and we'll work with you to get into the next available class.
START CLASSES IN