Career Portfolio Program
Graduates of the Heider College of Business have had a 99% success rate after graduation for multiple years in a row, in large part due to their participation in the Career Portfolio Program.
This unique four-year program is a collaborative effort of the Heider College of Business, the John P. Fahey Career Center and the Student Success program at Creighton. It is designed to maximize your opportunities by assessing your career goals, enhancing your professional skills and seamlessly transitioning you into the workplace.
- Assess your skills, interests and values
- Evaluate your major and career options related to your interests
- Develop time management skills for academic, professional and personal success
- Meet with a professional in a field of interest
- Begin formulating your career development goals while meeting with a Career Advisor
- Attend a professional etiquette dinner
- Develop your professional resume and LinkedIn profile
- Complete a mock interview with a real employer
- Explore internship opportunities
- Learn and practice networking strategies
- Enhance your communication and leadership skills
- Practice your networking skills at real events, like the Creighton Business Symposium
- Begin to refine career goals based on experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- Jumpstart your full-time job search at Career Fairs
- Evaluate and negotiate job offers offers or graduate and professional school options
- Learn from recent alumni and industry professionals on being successful in the first 100 days
- Develop skills and strategies for financial planning
- Celebrate your success and transition into the professional world!