Career Portfolio Program
The Career Portfolio Program is a four-year, co-curricular professional development program that all Heider College of Business students complete before graduation. As students progress through their four years, they explore career-building skills and gain relevant experience to then transition into the professional world.
As students advance through the program, opportunities are tailored to each individual students’ goals, including assessments, workshops, networking events, and career fairs. In addition to dedicated professional Career Advisors, students can also meet with peer career advisors – successful upperclassmen who reinvest their knowledge in their peers.
Gain a Competitive Edge
At the Heider College of Business, we give EVERY student, not just scholarship or top-percentage students, the opportunity to develop and practice the skills that build career success before entering the professional arena. By challenging our students to be proactive and engage with actual employers through our specially -designed program, our students gain a competitive edge in the job market. Students benefit from:
- Resume building and updating
- Major discernment
- Career exploration
- Career fairs
- Meet the Firm events
- Professional Etiquette Dinner
- Events with industry professionals and alumni
- Recruitment information sessions
- Creighton Business Symposium
- Interview education sessions
- Practice interviews with employers
- Resume feedback from employers
Career Development Tailored to Your Professional Aspirations
Throughout your first year at Heider, you’ll focus on assessing your skills, interests and values while you learn about careers and companies and network with professionals.
- Learn about new and engaging careers in business at career-focused events.
- Tour companies and meet professionals in a variety of fields.
- Receive career coaching at our career center.
- Join Creighton’s online job search platform, Handshake, to connect with professionals and career opportunities nationwide.
- Continue to polish your professionalism by attending career fairs and the annual Etiquette Dinner.
Refine your communication skills to ensure you project your assets, convey your skills, and demonstrate the value you’ll bring to prospective employers.
- Develop your professional resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Complete a practice interview with real employers.
- Network with alumni and use the career center to find an internship.
Implement a strategy for attaining your career goals, and then test it out in real-world situations to gauge areas of future focus.
- Complete an internship.
- Continue to refine career goals based on your experiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Network with alumni and business executives at events, including the Creighton Business Symposium.
- Jumpstart your job hunt by attending career fairs and the Meet the Firms event.
Plan for post-graduation success – Heider graduates enjoy a 99% success rate, moving into full-time careers, attending graduate or professional school or volunteering within six months of graduation.
- Evaluate and negotiate job offers or graduate and professional school options.
- Learn from financial advisors to plan for your personal financial success.
- Create an action plan to master the first 100 days at your new job.
- Celebrate four years of hard work at the Senior Send-off with Dean Hendrickson.