Computer Science Certificate
With a computer science certificate from Creighton, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills you need for today’s global technology environment. Explore computing and information technology, learn how data and programming interact and gain insights into how software engineers and systems analysts work. Take courses during the day, in the evening or both to fit your busy life.
You’ll have full access to Creighton’s outstanding informatics and computer science program and faculty. You can use a computer science certificate as a first step toward a degree or to strengthen your understanding of the latest information in this fast-growing, in-demand field. Expand your career options so you can find your dream job, and better yet, do it justice.
The computer science certificate is designed to provide students with the latest technology information, whether you’re interested in advancing your knowledge, expanding your career options or pursuing a degree.
With a computer science certificate, you will gain:
- An understanding of computer basics, such as programming and systems analysis
- An aptitude for the role computer science plays in business
- Comprehension of computer science terminology and concepts
- Knowledge and skills for a high-demand field
A total of 24 credits are needed to complete the computer science certificate. Courses include:
- Introduction to Programming
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
You may also want to consider a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in computer science, or an Associate of Science in computer science.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.