Executive Healthcare Fellowship
For the experienced healthcare professional who desires a condensed, yet broad and comprehensive overview of the business of healthcare, the Heider College of Business at Creighton University offers an Executive Fellowship in Healthcare Management. In just six months, participants will come away with the valuable tools and insights necessary to succeed as a leader in healthcare while earning six graduate credit hours and 72 accredited CME hours.
The Ideal Healthcare Administration Fellowship Candidate
The Executive Fellowship in Healthcare Management is best suited for experienced physicians or other advanced clinicians, mid-career healthcare executives, or healthcare entrepreneurs who wish to expand their knowledge of the business of healthcare to advance their career, refresh their knowledge base with current information and industry trends, or manage a private practice or other healthcare business endeavor.
Executive Healthcare Fellowship Program Details
This rich six-month-long healthcare administration fellowship experience will be presented in a convenient, hybrid format of both in-person and online learning. Participants will be grouped with a cohort of peers with whom they will forge new personal and professional networks to last beyond the completion of the program.
- Sixteen weeks of online learning modules
- Three, three-day on-campus residencies on Creighton University’s Phoenix campus
- 6 credit hours and 72 accredited CME hours
The program explores:
- Executive leadership and organizational behavior
- Leading self – strengths-based leadership
- Leading others – Ignatian leadership principles
- The environment of healthcare
- Healthcare strategy
- Project management
- Quality and performance improvement
- Evidence-based decision making
- Change management
- Healthcare finance
- Health law
- Business and clinical ethics
- Healthcare policy
- Conflict resolution
- Marketing and patient experience
- Healthcare technology and innovation
- Human resources management
- Implicit bias
- Data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or terminal degree with 3.0 GPA or higher.
- At least five years of management experience or clinical practice in a healthcare organization preferred.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting.
- This six-month program costs $15,000 total
- Upon successful completion of the program, students earn six graduate credit hours and 72 accredited CE | CME hours
- This fee includes all tuition, class materials, software, textbooks, most meals during residencies, leadership assessment tools, executive coaching sessions, University fee and University technology fee
Healthcare Administration Fellowship Dates and Deadlines
Apply for the next cohort by December 16.
Next program start: January 16, 2023
Application deadline: December 16, 2022
Executive Fellowship Winter 2023 Cohort Dates
Earn an Advanced Healthcare Administration Degree
Credits earned for this graduate certificate can be applied toward a full Executive Healthcare Master of Business Administration degree. The Executive Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management program offers a flexible, accessible credible and relevant graduate degree.