Organizational Communication (Associate of Arts)
Explore one of today’s leading fields, organizational communication, while you boost your communication skills, learn from faculty experts and gain insights into furthering your educational pursuits. Attend courses during the day, evening or both to fit your busy schedule.
With our Associate of Arts (AA) degree in organizational communication, you can enhance your current workplace communication skills and earn the credentials to make you more marketable. If you’re considering a bachelor’s degree in communication, the associate’s degree in organizational communication is a great way to experience the discipline and see if it’s right for you.
In this program, you’ll strengthen your organizational communication skills to become a better communicator, make yourself more marketable in your career search and get a head start on a bachelor’s degree in communication studies.
With an associate’s degree in organizational communication, you’ll:
- Identify ways in which others attempt to persuade
- Assess the cultures of groups and subgroups
- Understand relationship development and decay
- Analyze situations to determine the consequences of communication
An associate’s degree in organizational communication requires 33 credit hours of coursework, including nine credit hours of electives. See the full curriculum.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University's Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
- The Oratorical Society is a nonprofit undergraduate organization for students interested in communication studies and public speaking. This organization provides students with superior guidance, an orientation to the appreciation of public speaking, the opportunity to view public speaking events on campus and the chance to develop their public speaking skills.