Paramedicine (Master of Science)
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to become an effective healthcare leader with Creighton’s Master of Science in Paramedicine. Ideal students for this program are EMS and health care professionals with at least three years of experience in emergency medicine. This program will prepare you for leadership roles requiring administration, education and training, planning, and research and development.
The field of Paramedicine is constantly growing and evolving—leaders and educators with strong experience are needed more than ever to help shape the future of the industry. Creighton’s master’s in paramedicine curriculum focuses on current trends in the field, teaching you the technical skills and practical knowledge you need to set yourself apart and succeed in EMS as a leader.
Expert faculty, who are national and international leaders, will act as both teachers and mentors during your graduate studies. Under their guidance, you’ll study various areas applicable to leadership, including organizational development and change, finance, quality management, research, ethics, human resources and more.
Earn your master’s degree in your own time
We know that graduate school is a big investment of your time and money, so we make sure the investment in your master’s degree is a smart one—and one that you can fit in your busy schedule. This 36-credit program is designed to meet the needs of busy professionals and can be completed fully online in as little as two years.
Health Science Programs Webinar
Join Creighton's Graduate School faculty and admissions webinar to learn how a graduate degree can help you advance your career.
Our discussion will include:
- How the online program can be customized to fit your career plans
- Our robust health sciences curriculum with faculty and fellow students from various career fields and walks of life
- How Creighton can help you set and reach goals—both personally and professionally
- Program basics—admission requirements, options to enroll, and timing to submit applications
Program Goals and Curriculum
The Master of Science in Paramedicine is ideal for EMS and health care professionals with at least three years of experience in emergency medicine services. This online, post-graduate paramedic degree can be completed in about two years.
To earn this Master's degree, you must complete 36 credits:
- Core Courses (21 Credits)
- EMS Leadership
- Organizational Development and Organizational Change
- Clinical Practice and Quality Assurance
- Ethics in EMS
- Human Resource Management in Healthcare
- EMS Law, Regulation and Risk Management
- EMS Research: An Introduction to Study Design and Research Methods
- Electives (12 Credits)
- Capstone Project (3 Credits)
Creighton’s industry-leading programs are taught by knowledgeable and experienced faculty. These passionate, seasoned paramedicine professionals are dedicated to your well-being and success. They’ll help you prepare to take your national exams and succeed in your professional endeavors.
To be considered for admission to the MS in Paramedicine program, applicants must:
- Complete an application and submit a $50 application fee
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must include at least three years of experience in EMS or a related field
- Provide official transcripts from all educational institutions attended. Read more about sending transcripts here
- Include a resume or curriculum vitae
- Submit a personal statement (see application for specific requirements)
- Submit three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
International students are welcomed into this program so long as they complete it from their country of residence, as F-1 visas will not be issued.
International applicants must:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates change in the fall of each year. Visit our financial aid site for more details.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. We also encourage you to apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Have questions? Email or call a friendly financial specialist at 402.280.2731 for any additional questions you may have.
Dates and Deadlines
The table below details enrollment deadlines and starting dates of courses for the current academic year. If you have any questions about dates, deadlines, or application materials, please contact an enrollment specialist for personalized assistance.
START CLASSES IN
Creighton University, paramedicine education program, conducts courses with curricula based on the current United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, National EMS Education Standards and Guidelines. Learn more.