Pursue Your Passion and Advance Your Career
Perhaps you’ve been thinking about learning something new to jump-start your career, or maybe you are an undergrad from another institution and want to complete a Creighton course to free up time in your regular schedule for an internship, a research experience or a double major or minor.
Learn how to get started as a non-degree seeking student at Creighton University.
Visiting Undergraduate Students
If you are enrolled at another institution, and are in good academic standing, you are welcome to register for individual courses at Creighton. Take advantage of our Summer and Winter Sessions special tuition rates.
New visiting students will need to complete the steps below.
Review the online course schedule. Make a note of the course(s) you're interested in taking, including the 5-digit CRN, subject and course number.
If you are planning to transfer courses back to your home institution, consult with your institution prior to registering at Creighton.
You will need to apply online as a NON-DEGREE/VISITING STUDENT. Don’t worry, we’re not switching you from your home college to Creighton. We’re just capturing your information to create a student record for you.
New applicants will be asked to create an account. As soon as you’ve established your account, an email will be sent to you with a PIN and the link to activate your account.
Once you’ve entered your PIN and activated your account, you’re ready to select Start New Application.
The next step is completing the correct application type. Under Select An Application Type, use the dropdown box and choose Non-Degree/Visiting, then click CREATE APPLICATION.
Note: If you choose the incorrect application, you can return to the Select An Application Type screen to start over.
Complete the application, carefully answering the questions. Remember to select Submit Application when finished.
You will be required to upload an unofficial copy of your current transcript. If you are planning to take a course with a prerequisite (for example, Organic Chemistry), your transcript should include the prerequisite course (General Chemistry).
Complete the Non-Degree Seeking Student Registration Form and submit it via email to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application has been processed through our system, a NetID and One-Time Password will be generated and communicated to you via email. At that time, your course registration will be processed and an email confirmation will be sent to you.
You will be asked to activate your BLUE account using your NetID and One-Time Password. You will need your login credentials to access the following online services:
- NEST: The online student records system. Via the NEST you’ll be able to view your registration, pay your tuition bill and request official transcripts.
- BlueLine: If your course is online, you will need to access this site. On-campus courses may also utilize BlueLine for document sharing and course collaboration.
- CUmail: All official communication from Creighton is sent to your Creighton email address.
Non-degree Seeking Graduate Students
Wanting to take a Creighton class without enrolling in a degree program? Get started as a non-degree-seeking student by following these steps:
- Submit an application
- Send your transcripts
- Undergraduate courses—unofficial high school transcript showing diploma conferral
- Graduate courses—unofficial college transcript showing degree conferral
- Obtain instructor approval—look up your class of interest and email the instructor (look for mail icon next to the instructor’s name) to request permission to take the class as a non-degree student. After receiving instructor approval, you can complete the application.
- Once your application is submitted and approved, the registrar’s office will contact you with information and a PIN to complete class registration.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact our admissions team to help you through the process.