How to Apply
Become an Internal Medicine Resident
Applying for Our Internal Medicine Residency
Thank you for your interest in the Creighton University School of Medicine (Phoenix) Internal Medicine Program. Recently, Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC), Creighton University (CUSOM), Valleywise Health, and District Medical Group (DMG) joined forces to form the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance. This partnership brings together a university recognized for providing outstanding training for students and residents in the health sciences and two healthcare systems known for their impressive history of caring for members of the greater Phoenix community.
All applications must be sent through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) ACGME Program ID#: 1400311027. Paper or email applications will not be accepted by the program.
Creighton University School of Medicine values each individual regardless of identified race, gender identity, sexual preference or faith background. In alignment with our mission, we are committed to continuously working towards improving diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in all Creighton University Graduate Medical Education Programs. As a result, we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the 2022-2023 interview season. Our programs wish to mitigate any perceptions of bias that could occur by offering any option of in-person tours or interviews to applicants and will not host any in-person events. We are excited to showcase our high-quality programs through zoom interviews, virtual tours and other virtual offerings.
The requirements for all applicants to our program are listed below (for categorical and preliminary):
- Passing score on the first attempt for USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 CK
- Medical school graduation year no more than 5 years prior to application year
- Minimum of three months U.S. clinical experience (observership or externship, not counting research)
- U.S. Citizens, Permanent residents, Green Card holders, or J1 Visa (sponsored by ECFMG) are welcome to apply
- IMGs must either have an ECFMG certificate or be eligible to apply for ECFMG certification through one of its approved pathways (please refer to ECFMG website).
- Deadline to apply is October 1
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Chair letter or standard structured evaluation letter is preferred, but not required)
For the 2022 ERAS® cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC’s ERAS program. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application, but participation in the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
To learn more about the supplemental ERAS application, please go to AAMC.
Currently, our program recruits for 26 categorical and 7 preliminary positions each year.
Creighton University School of Medicine (Phoenix) Categorical Program NRMP Code: 2154140C0
Creighton University School of Medicine (Phoenix) Preliminary Program NRMP Code: 2154140P0
If you have additional questions, please contact our program at IMResidencyProgram@creighton.edu or 602.406.8798.