Student Tuition Statements
Student Tuition Statements
Tuition Statements are sent periodically throughout the semester. Students and their Authorized Parties will receive an e-Bill notification when the statement becomes available. The statement can be viewed via NEST by the student or via Nelnet for an Authorized Party.
Statements will be sent to each student registered for courses (and unregistered students with housing charges in the Summer) prior to the beginning of each semester or term. The balance is due no later than the first day of the term for the respective semester.
- Summer statements are sent early May.
- Fall statements are sent mid-July.
- Winter statements are sent early December.
- Spring statements are sent late December.
- If you have signed up for the Payment Plan and receive a statement notification your Payment Plan needs to be updated. Payment Plans DO NOT update automatically.
Your Tuition Statement will include the following where applicable:
- University, Program, Course Specific, and/or Lab Fees
- Special Books & Materials Fees
- Health Insurance Charges
- Creighton University mandates that all full time students be covered by a comprehensive health insurance plan for the entire academic year. It is the responsibility of each student to submit proof of comparable insurance coverage by completing the online waiver process on the NEST annually for each academic year by the due date given by Student Health Services. The fee will automatically reverse fee within 48 hours if the waiver has been approved.
- Room & Board Charges
- Parking Permit Fees
- POM Device Fees
- Medical School Yearbook Fee
- The yearbook fee is charged to all 4th year School of Medicine students on their Fall semester statement. If the student does not wish to receive a yearbook, they must complete the online waiver process on the NEST by the Last Payment Date for Fall. Failure to complete the waiver by the deadline will result in the student being responsible for the payment of this fee. No late waivers will be accepted. For further information on the distribution of the yearbook, please contact your Class President.
- Expected Future Payments (payments planned through the successful enrollment in the Payment Plan)
- Scholarships, Grant, and Loans that are expected or have already been applied to the account
- It is important that you check with the Financial Aid Office to ensure that all of your loan requirements have been completed and your loan will be processed on time.
- Important Information regarding your statement
Tuition must be paid in full or a payment plan must be established no later than the first day of your term, or the Last Payment Date, whichever is earlier. Any payment received after this date is subject to monthly Late Payment Fees. In the event that a student registers for courses or adds other charges after the Last Payment Date, the new balance is due immediately.
Opus Hall and Davis Square Housing Due Dates
Students residing in Opus Hall or Davis Square with a 12-month contract are responsible for paying the Summer housing charges during the Summer term. Creighton offers two ways to pay: in full by June 1, or creating a payment plan by the specified due date. During Fall and Spring semesters, students are required to pay in full by the start of the term, or may create a payment plan.
The Family Education Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) was put in place to protect the privacy of student education records. Students can grant parents, legal guardians, or other third parties access by making them an Authorized User both in the NEST and in Nelnet.
It is the student's responsibility to make sure that the party responsible for paying their tuition and fees either receives a copy of the tuition billing statement or has been granted access as an Authorized Party to ensure their tuition bill is paid on time.
All students affirm their understanding of their financial obligation to Creighton by signing a financial responsibility agreement prior to registering for classes on an annual basis. The Statement of Financial Responsibility provides relevant information about official institutional policies to students. Students should check their NEST account for details and to review a copy of their signed agreement.