Colon and Rectal Surgery Application Process
In order to be eligible to apply for the program, you must:
- Be an MD or DO
- Be eligible for a Temporary Education Permit (TEP), or Nebraska Permanent Medical License
- Prior to the entering the program, applicants must have successfully completed an ACGME- or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)-accredited residency program in surgery of not less than five years of progressive education; and, be certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS) or have completed the educational requirements to sit for the ABS qualifying examinations
- Prior to entering the program, applicants should have demonstrated a satisfactory level of clinical maturity, technical skills, and surgical judgment which will enable them to begin a residency in colon and rectal surgery for the purpose of specializing in this field of surgery.
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Complete an application via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and must include:
- USMLE (Step 1, 2, 3), or COMLEX (Level 1, 2, 3) scores
- Three reference letters including one from your residency program director (submitted via ERAS)
- ABSITE scores or equivalent
- Personal statement and other supporting documents
Interviews will be virtual and details will be forthcoming. Selected candidates will be contacted via email for interviews.