Colon and Rectal Surgery Application Process
In order to be eligible to apply for the program, you must:
- Be an MD or DO
- Be eligible for a Temporary Education Permit (TEP), or Nebraska Permanent Medical License
- Prior to the entering the program, applicants must have successfully completed an ACGME- or Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)-accredited residency program in surgery of not less than five years of progressive education; and, be certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS) or have completed the educational requirements to sit for the ABS qualifying examinations
- Prior to entering the program, applicants should have demonstrated a satisfactory level of clinical maturity, technical skills, and surgical judgment which will enable them to begin a residency in colon and rectal surgery for the purpose of specializing in this field of surgery.
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent residency
- Complete an application via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and must include:
- USMLE (Step 1, 2, 3), or COMLEX (Level 1, 2, 3) scores
- Three reference letters including one from your residency program director (submitted via ERAS)
- ABSITE scores or equivalent
- Personal statement and other supporting documents
Interviews will be virtual and details will be forthcoming. Selected candidates will be contacted via email for interviews.
Zachary Torgersen, MD
Creighton University School of Medicine Colon and Rectal Surgery
9850 Nicholas St.
Omaha, NE 68114
Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm