Creighton Faculty Making Their Mark on the World
When students and alumni discuss, “What’s outstanding about Creighton?” they always refer to an exceptional and engaged faculty. “They are incredibly caring and compassionate,” says Iman (Amy) Aboalam, a current student.
The acclaim and awards for Creighton’s faculty continue to accumulate. Here are just a few of the many achievements from the last school year.
- Heider College of Business professor Tom Freeman, JD, MS, MBA, presented on “Algorithmic Bias” at the SXSW EDU event March 7-10 in Austin, Texas. He presented with the Institute for Digital Humanity (IDH).
- Beverly Kracher, PhD, was named one of this year’s winners of the WCA’s Women of Distinction Award. The award spotlights women whose work, dedication and commitment have impacted women and girls in Omaha.
- Holly Stessman, PhD, assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, serves as co-investigator for a recent Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award of $250,000. PCORI Engagement Awards support projects that encourage active involvement of patients, caregivers, clinicians and other health care stakeholders as integral members of patient-centered outcomes research.
- Brad Klontz, PsyD, CFP, associate professor of practice in the Heider College of Business, appeared on CNBC’s “Interest in You: Ready. Set. Grow,” where he discussed four unhealthy beliefs about money and discussed research behind these “money scripts” and what can be done to change a person’s financial mindset.
- Kate Nolt, MPH, PhD, assistant professor, Master of Public Health, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, authored and co-authored policies for the American Public Health Association, Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs section: Regulation, Implementation, and Enforcement of Policies Regarding E-cigarette Use Across the Lifespan and A Public Health Approach for Regulating Commercially Legalized Cannabis.
- Noam Ebner, LLM, professor, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution program, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, Graduate School, has authored eight new negotiation teaching simulations that were published in the teachers’ manual of a widely used negotiation textbook, Negotiation: Processes for Problem Solving (3rd ed.).
- Heider College of Business Dean Anthony Hendrickson, PhD, was featured as an expert in a WalletHub article, “Best Car Insurance in Nebraska.”
- Bob Johnson, PhD, CFA, professor of finance, was interviewed in the TIME Magazine article, “Here Is What a Stock Split Means for the Average Investor”; International Business Times' “US Job Growth Stalls As Unemployment Drops, Sending Conflicting Signals to the Fed” and was quoted in Norway’s leading newspaper, E24, in “Tesla-speklanten,” where he discussed Tesla speculators.
- LaShaune Johnson, PhD, associate professor, Master of Public Health, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, has been elected to serve as secretary/treasurer-elect of the American Sociological Association's Medical Sociology Section. She was also elected incoming president of the Midwest Sociological Society, a nonprofit, regional, professional society dedicated to building community among sociologists and advancing sociological knowledge, teaching and practice.
- Garrett Soukup, PhD, professor in the School of Medicine Department of Biomedical Sciences, received an award for $23,193 from the Nebraska Tobacco Settlement Biomedical Research Development fund to purchase research equipment to prepare for future federal grant applications.
- Candace Bloomquist, PhD, assistant professor, EdD in Interdisciplinary Leadership, Department of Interdisciplinary Studies has been named this year's recipient of the 2021 Outstanding Graduate Mentor Award.
- David Sidebottom, PhD, professor in the Department of Physics, has been awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation to study complex dynamics in glass forming liquids using lightscattering techniques.
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding faculty and their contributions inside the classroom and out in the world. Creighton Graduate School faculty are leaders in their fields. To learn more about some of our available programs visit creighton.edu/graduate