Creative Writing (Certificate)
There are many career-enhancing outcomes with certificates from Creighton University.
If you have not yet begun a college degree, this certificate could be your first step, with credits usually meeting some of the major requirements for a degree.
Already completed a bachelor’s degree? This program could bring you personal enrichment or strengthen your career options by improving your writing skills and creativity.
- Creative writing basics, as well as knowledge of narrative forms and poetry
- An appreciation for literature
- Hands-on instruction in writing under the guidance of experienced professional writers
College of Professional Studies students can earn an undergraduate certificate in creative writing by successfully completing a total of 21 credits. See the complete curriculum for the undergraduate certificate.
Prospective students who have already completed an undergraduate degree can pursue a graduate certificate in creative writing by completing 24 credits. See the complete curriculum for the graduate certificate.
Creighton University has maintained continuous accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission since 1928. For information regarding the University’s accreditation status, visit http://www.creighton.edu/accreditation/.
Information regarding academic programs which hold specialized accreditation can be found on this page.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- Manuscript of original writing: 6-8 pages of poetry or 10-15 pages of fiction
A personal interview may be requested in addition to the above requirements. The interview may be conducted in-person or virtually.
|Start Classes in||Apply By|