Student Health Education and Compliance
Student Health Education and Compliance
The Student Health Education and Compliance Office provides health education and wellness resources to students, with the mission of enhancing well-being and academic success.
Where can I go if I am ill, injured, or need to see a healthcare provider?
There are many options for healthcare in Omaha. Some convenient options close to campus include:
CHI Health Student Care Clinic
This full-service clinic provides primary and specialty care, including women’s health, endocrinology, cardiology, and neurology. Walk-in, same-day, and visits by appointment are available, and a 24/7 emergency department is ready if you need it. This clinic is within walking distance of campus and is accessible via Creighton’s Shuttle Services.
To schedule an appointment at the CHI Health Student Care Clinic, please call 402.280.2735, option 2 or schedule an appointment online.
All services will be billed to the student’s health insurance plan. Be sure to have your insurance card available anytime you seek medical care.
2412 Cuming St., Ste 200
Omaha, NE 68131
Phone: 402.280.2735, option 2
Hours of operation:
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
CHI Health Priority Care Clinic
Located in the same location as the CHI Health Student Care Clinic (2412 Cuming St., Ste 200), this clinic is ideal for students who have an urgent medical need.
This clinic is open 7 days a week, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Appointments are not necessary, just walk in!
For any questions regarding navigating the healthcare system or for care coordination needs, please call 402.280.2735, option 3, or email email@example.com. Inquiries received after hours or on the weekend will be responded to on the next business day.
For emergencies on-campus, call the Public Safety at 402.280.2911
For off-campus emergencies, call 911
Medical Facilities Near Campus:
2412 Cuming St.
Omaha, NE 68131
4350 Dewey Ave
Omaha, NE 68105
7500 Mercy Rd
Omaha, NE 68124
- Campus Health Aides are available for non-emergent health needs after-hours. Please see the Campus Health Aide Section for additional information.
Our knowledgeable staff provides care coordination and healthcare navigation services to students. We help students connect to primary care providers, specialty providers, physical therapy services, home health care providers, pharmacy providers, and more. We assist all students, including those who are acutely ill, those living with chronic illness, and those who are well and are simply looking to establish care.
This valuable, free, confidential resource can be accessed in person at the Kiewit Fitness Center #225, by phone (402.280.2735, option 3), or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Campus Health Aides (CHAs) provide first aid/assistance and temporary after-hours medical relief for the acute health needs of students, at their location on campus.
CHAs are available on weeknights (Mon-Thurs) from 4:30 p.m.-8 a.m. and 24/7 on the weekends starting on Friday at 4:30 p.m. until Monday at 8 a.m.
All care provided and medication dispensed is under the directions of the on-call CHI Health Student Care Clinic medical provider.
This is a free service, with no charge to students.
To request a CHA, call Public Safety at 402.280.2104 or notify your RA. In the event of an emergency, call the Public Safety emergency line at 402.280.2911.
On-campus health education and programming, Campus Health Aide supervision, Shoo the Flu vaccinations, WellFest health fair, and more.
Power of Attorney
This medical power of attorney form, to be signed and notarized by a parent or guardian, allows students who are 18 and younger to give consent for their own health care.
Those who choose to complete this form, should do the following:
- Email the completed form to email@example.com. (A copy of the form will be kept on file in Student Health Education and Compliance and a copy will be sent to the CHI Student Care Clinic.)
- Students should carry a copy of this form or keep a digital image of this form on their phone, should they seek healthcare in Nebraska, outside of the CHI health system.
Release of Information
To request a release of your health or immunization records to another healthcare provider, entity, or to yourself, you must fill out this release of information form. This form must also be completed for our staff to communicate with other Creighton University employees.
Tuberculosis Provider Review Form
Students who are required by University policy to complete an annual provider review visit for TB screening, must have an appointment or have this tuberculosis provider form completed by an outside medical provider.
- The Creighton University Campus Pharmacy is a convenient resource for prescription and over-the-counter needs. Call 402.449.4560 for general questions or to transfer a prescription. This pharmacy is located at 2412 Cuming St, Suite 201, and is just across the hall from the CHI Student Care Clinic.
- The pharmacy is open Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The closest Walgreens pharmacy is located at 3001 Dodge St, Omaha NE 68131- approximately 0.6 miles west of campus.
- The closest CVS pharmacy is located at 4840 Dodge St, Omaha NE 68132- approximately 2.5 miles west of campus.
For questions regarding refrigerated medications that will need to be shipped to campus via mail order service, please contact 402.280.2735, option 3, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Creighton Therapy and Wellness: Located in the Cardiac Center (#1 on the Campus Map), which is located on the west end of Creighton’s campus. Please call 402.280.3555 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Be sure to schedule at the Cardiac Center location (the other location is across town, in West Omaha).
- CHI Health Rehabilitation Care/PT (University Campus): Located in the CHI medical building at 24th and Cuming. Please call 402.717.3751 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Transportation to both locations is available via Creighton’s Shuttle Services.
Psychiatric care is available via our board-certified psychiatrist in Student Counseling Services, located in Markoe Hall. Call 402.280.2256 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
CHI Health sets its fee schedule for services. It is always important to bring a health insurance card, photo ID and a form of payment to each health visit.
Your health insurance plan will determine whether payment is to be collected at the time of visit
Multiple options are available. Please call 402.280.2735, option 3 or email email@example.com to discuss your options with a nurse.