Health Informatics (Master of Science)
Prepare to use data to improve lives and advance population health with an online master’s in health informatics from nationally ranked Creighton University. Through our flexible graduate program, you’ll build the technical skills and critical understanding you need to become a leader in a rising field at the intersection of technology and healthcare.
At Creighton, we believe in using data for good. Rooted in our Jesuit values, this program is dedicated to creating a health-data-informed workforce that drives change in institutions, policies and people. It's also designed to fit the lives of working professionals. Complete this 36-credit health informatics program 100% online, in as few as two years.
Program goals and curriculum
The online MS in Health Informatics program is ideal for individuals who want to use data and technology to contribute to the betterment of humanity and who desire the flexibility of an online master’s program. The program features a curriculum of 30 core credits and 6 elective credits.
Core courses include:
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Fundamental Concepts in Statistics and Statistical Reasoning
- Programming for Health Informatics
- Data Management
- Data Governance
- Machine Learning in Health Informatics
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Leadership in Health Informatics
- Artificial Intelligence in Health Informatics
Elective options include:
- Ethical Issues in Population Health: A Global Perspective
- Health Economics and Finance
- Health Planning and Marketing
- Change Management and Quality
- Law and Healthcare Ethics
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Personal statement that describes your professional goals and how this degree will help you reach them (approx. 500 words)
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty or a workplace supervisor
International students are welcomed into this program and F-1 visas may be supported upon admission, depending on a student’s choice of program format.
International applicants must:
- Meet English language proficiency requirements
- Complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances Form through the Global Engagement Office if admitted
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our Tuition and Financial Aid site for more details.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we offer a variety of financial aid options. No matter what financial aid you choose, you'll need to start by completing the FAFSA. We also encourage you to learn about and apply for available graduate student scholarships and fellowships.
Dates and Deadlines
The information below details the enrollment deadlines and starting dates of courses for the current academic year. If you have any questions about dates, deadlines or application materials, please contact an enrollment specialist for personalized assistance.
Rolling admission: Once your application is submitted and reviewed, we'll work with you to get you enrolled in the next available class.
Start classes in:
Accreditation is one of the most important ways that Creighton University demonstrates the level of quality at our institution. Creighton University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC is charged with overseeing the accreditation of degree granting, post-secondary, not-for-profit and for-profit institutions.
Join Creighton’s well-connected alumni network.
You can graduate from Creighton, but you’ll always stay connected to our community. When you begin your health informatics online degree, you’ll gain access to our extensive and influential alumni network from day one, connecting you to 77K alumni who are contributing to a better future in healthcare, public health, business and beyond.
National University Rankings: https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities (Tie).
Rising field: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/health-information-technologists-and…