International Students How to Apply
At Creighton, you’re more than an exam score. In determining whether Creighton is right for you, we consider all of your qualifications for college admissions, from what you’ve done to who you are. Find out below what materials you need to submit to be considered for admission to Creighton.
Students should be honest and provide official documentation as a part of their application process. If any documents are found to be fraudulent, we reserve the right to cancel the application or rescind the offer of admission.
To be considered for admission, follow the application process listed below, and submit to our Office of Admissions.
Do you need to take the IELTS or TOEFL, or want more information on taking the SAT or ACT? Make sure to contact your local EducationUSA advising center for information on testing centers, test dates and practice options. Learn more about how an EducationUSA advising center can help you prepare for college in the United States today.
International Students: Steps to Apply
Once we have your completed application with all documents, your application file will be reviewed by the admissions committee and you will be considered for any merit scholarships you may be eligible. Find out more about scholarship opportunities and financial aid at Creighton today.
The essay/personal statement is your chance to demonstrate your writing potential while allowing the Admissions Committee to get to know you better. If you are completing the Common Application, you do not need an additional personal statement or essay; simply use the one included in the Common Application.
Please submit either an official or unofficial high school transcript.
Make sure it includes:
- The scale on which you were graded
- An English translation, if in another language
- If you submit an unofficial copy, submit an official copy by June 15, 2022. An official copy is considered official if it meets one of these criteria:
- Is sent directly from your high school or university
- Is sent directly by your guidance counsellor
- Is sent in a sealed and stamped envelope, with official stamps on each page
- Is sent directly from a credential evaluator, such as WES (wes.org) or ECE (ece.org)
Submit one or two letters of recommendation, written by one of your teachers, coaches, counselors, or mentors, attesting to your academic and social preparedness to study at Creighton.
Please submit one of the following:
- Your English language exam scores. See below for information on unconditional, Bridge and provisional scores.
- Completion of at least two years of high school for freshmen, or one year of college-level coursework for transfer student may be substituted for an English proficiency exam. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Attending high school in one of the following programs or countries: American/English International Schools, IB program, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Barbados, Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guam, Jamaica, Marshall Islands, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Scotland, Trinidad and Tobago, Virgin Islands.
- Completion of IELI, or other accredited English language program, may be used for eligibility to our Bridge program. In some instances, applicants may be eligible for unconditional admission with additional documentation.
- Academic tests may be substituted for the English language requirement, including the following: SAT (minimum 560) or ACT (minimum 22).
Admission Type TOEFL Score IELTS Score PTE Academic Score Duolingo Score
|Admission Type||TOEFL Score||IELTS Score||PTE Academic Score||Duolingo Score|
|Unconditional||88 or above (no section below 20)||Overall 6.5 (no section below 6.0)||58 or above||110 or above|
|Bridge||68-87||Overall 6.5 (with one or more sections below 6.0) or overall 6.0||50-57||95-105|
|Provisional||67 or below||Overall 5.5 or below||49 or below||90 or below|
Your ACT or SAT exam scores are recommended, but not required. If you would like to send your scores, please use the below school codes.
- ACT: school code 2444
- SAT: school code 6121