Creighton is committed to the success of each and every one of our admitted students. We’ll help you overcome your challenges and work smarter. We’ll inspire your studies and equip you to thrive. Everything from troubleshooting your freshman year to picking a career.
You met our rigorous admissions requirements with flying colors. We know you can succeed here.
Browse below to learn about our academic resources and on-campus organizations, all available at your fingertips.
All admitted students are assigned an RSP Advisor, a faculty member who will serve as your academic advisor throughout your freshman year (Ratio Studiorum Program - Latin for “plan of study”). Your advisor will help you do your best work, chart your course with you, and assist you in navigating Creighton’s abundance of resources. As you progress at Creighton and select a major, new advisors that specialize in your field will be assigned to you.
Creighton students often report how much they appreciate their advisors’ accessibility and expertise, even helping them schedule classes and find jobs.
The Creighton EDGE
Our Bluejays leave the nest with an advantage thanks to the Creighton EDGE, which offers one-on-one academic and career services to ensure your success with us and beyond.
Visit the EDGE to:
- Meet with an academic coach to get personalized help with time management, study habits, academic anxiety, and test taking
- Schedule a complimentary appointment with a tutor to dig deeper into your coursework
- Get pre-health / pre-law advising and instruction
- Clarify and pursue your career goals at the Creighton Career Center
Whatever the challenge, the Creighton EDGE will keep you sharp.
The Creighton Writing Center
All undergraduates have access to the Creighton Writing Center, where you can discuss your writing with our expert tutors one-on-one. The Writing Center welcomes writers of all skill levels, at any stage of the writing process.
We’ll brainstorm with you, discuss the fundamentals of composition, sharpen theses, develop content, and help you organize it on the page. Express yourself with confidence.
Student Support Services for First-Generation Students
If you’re a first-generation student (neither of your parents has graduated with a four-year college degree), you may qualify for Student Support Services. We offer:
- Academic support and tutoring
- Academic, career-related, and personal guidance
- Workshops that help with time management, study habits, academic anxiety, and test taking
- Financial assistance
For more information, please contact us.
Office of Disability Accommodations
Please submit documentation, or any questions you may have, to the Director of the Office of Disability Accommodations, Denise LeClair.
Old Gym, Room 437
In accordance with state and federal law, Creighton provides reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities, including:
- Accessible campus housing
- Enlarged and braille materials
- Texts on tape
- Sign language interpreters
- Note takers
- Special testing arrangements
To arrange for accommodations, please secure written documentation of disability, provided by a qualified evaluator, which gives up-to-date accommodation recommendations for a post-secondary environment.
Center for Health and Counseling
The Center of Health and Counseling offers:
- Counseling for students with test-taking anxiety, to help you do your best calmly and confidently
- Testing for learning disabilities at a significantly lower cost than comparable services
- Confidential sessions with experienced psychologists to help you work through personal issues that may be interfering with your Creighton experience
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please get in touch with us at 402.280.2735, or visit us on the first floor of the Harper Center.
Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (CURAS)
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (CURAS) is the face of undergraduate research opportunity and accomplishment at Creighton University.
"I absolutely love the Jesuit values and how everybody here wants us to thrive and tailor our experiences to what we really want to do. My professors and advisors have been so flexible and have allowed me to do everything I want to do, especially mixing business and psychology. My professors and the Career Center have been wonderful to work with. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to land my internship at Nike this summer!" — Amelia Taulé, Marketing & Management '19 / Santiago, Dominican Republic