Emergency Medicine Residency
Creighton University School of Medicine – Phoenix’s residency program in Emergency Medicine is ready to welcome you to the desert southwest.
Our three-year residency program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Currently, our program recruits for 16 positions each year.
In 2018, Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center (SJHMC), Creighton University (CUSOM), Valleywise Health, and District Medical Group (DMG) joined forces to form the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance. This partnership brings together a university recognized for providing outstanding training for students and residents in the health sciences and two healthcare systems known for their impressive history of caring for members of the greater Phoenix community.
Our organization’s primary duty is to develop board certified emergency physicians with the skills to be leaders in emergency medicine. We aspire to be a close knit, supportive residency that ensures each resident excels in the pursuit of professional and personal goals, while fostering a culture of academic excellence and service to the community.
Valleywise Health Emergency Medicine is committed to creating the best emergency medicine residents by underscoring seven principles:
- Create a dynamic, versatile learning community that encourages the utilization of evidence-based clinical practice and lifelong learning through integration of bedside and didactic teaching and innovative technology.
- Maintain graded and progressive responsibility with appropriate supervision.
- Cultivate individual interests and challenge each resident to be the doctors they want to be.
- Promote advocacy and mentorship for our residents.
- Achieve balance between the personal and professional goals of each emergency medicine resident.
- Strengthen the longstanding tradition of pride and support.
- Cultivate a climate of academic scholarship and inquiry.
We are a dynamic, close-knit, supportive residency that prides itself in the residents’ pursuit of professional and personal goals while fostering a culture of wellness, clinical & academic excellence, and providing a safety net for the community we serve. Our core purpose is to develop competent and compassionate board-certified emergency physicians with the skills to be leaders in emergency medicine, lifelong learners, and able to practice in any clinical environment.
We are committed to creating the best emergency medicine residents by underscoring the following aims:
- Creating a dynamic learning community that encourages utilization of evidence-based practice and lifelong learning through integration of innovative technology.
- Graded and progressive responsibility with appropriate supervision.
- Challenging you to be the doctor you want to be by cultivating individual interests.
- Promoting local & national advocacy/leadership within emergency medicine.
- Achieving balance between the resident’s personal and professional goals.
- Cultivating a climate of academic scholarship and inquiry.
- Establishing infrastructure, systems development, and education in quality improvement & patient safety.