Our program is a collaborative effort of the Valleywise Health and St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center. We are a busy Level I trauma center in central Phoenix with a high volume emergency department treating more than 80,000 patients yearly.
- State-of-the-art inpatient and outpatient imaging centers housing the latest digital imaging technologies and PACS integration
- Home to the Barrow Neurological Institute: St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center which performs more neurosurgeries than any other hospital in the world on a yearly basis.
- St. Joseph's Center for Thoracic Disease and Transplantation provides training in cardiothoracic imaging with lung transplant program and valley-wide care in adult cardiovascular, thoracic and esophageal disease.
- Dignity Health Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center, with a new 220,000-square-feet care center opened in 2015.
- Center for Liver and Hepatobiliary Disease with liver specialists who work closely with interventional radiology for minimally invasive treatments such as RFA and chemoembolization.
- 71-bed Level III Perinatal Center and Nursery Intensive Care Unit (NyICU) treats infants throughout the valley.
- Additional St. Joseph’s residency programs include general surgery, internal medicine, family medicine, OB-GYN, neurology, neurosurgery and pharmacy.
Affiliations with these additional institutions round out a program that provides our residents with a balanced experience encompassing managed care, private practice, critical care, ambulatory and primary/preventive care.