Department of Political Science and International Relations
Why Study Political Science or International Relations?
Political science is fundamental to understanding your rights and responsibilities as a citizen and to understanding international politics and law.
A degree in Political Science or International Relations prepares you for careers in law, business, public administration, public affairs, international affairs, journalism, the non-profit sector, teaching, and academic research and teaching.
- We train students to think critically, evaluate evidence, and develop analytic skill using the lenses of political science and international relations.
- We train students to engage the world as citizens and social scientists.
- We mentor students to discover and engage in a calling that contributes to the public good.
- We train students to maximize their potential.
- As scholars we seek new knowledge that allows us to understand the world around us and inspires our students to conduct their own inquiries.
Marks of Distinction
- Our students find purpose in seeking out truth.
- Our students develop superior writing, critical thinking, and data analytic skills.
- Our students contribute to their communities through success in their respective professions.