Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
VITA: Students Supporting the Community
Through the official IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, current accounting students in the Heider College of Business use their skills and expertise to assist qualifying families file their taxes for free every spring.
Creighton University’s VITA program is mutually beneficial for both students and community members. Students study tax rules, IRS 1040 forms and applicable tax credits and deductions in the Principles of Taxation class, then apply this knowledge to help families in our community file their tax returns at no cost.
Starting Feb. 5 and continuing through March 26, students will offer six, in-person Saturday clinics from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Mike & Josie Harper Center on the Creighton campus. Virtual meetings via Zoom will also be offered in tandem at the following events:
- February 5: Harper Center – Rooms 2075, 2077 and 2079
- February 12: Harper Center – Rooms 2075, 2077 and 2079
- February 19: Harper Center Ballroom
- February 26: Harper Center Ballroom
- March 19: Harper Center – Rooms 2075, 2077 and 2079
- March 26: Harper Center Ballroom
Masks are advised on the Creighton campus.
- Proof of Identification (Photo ID)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- All wage and earning statements (Form W-2)
- Form 1095, Health Insurance Statements
- Bank accounting routing number and account number for direct deposit
- Copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
Letter 6419 - Child Tax Credit
Letter 6475 - Economic Impact Payment (Stimulus Check)