About the School of Dentistry
Preparing practice-ready dentists for meaningful careers.
Since its founding in 1905, Creighton University School of Dentistry has prepared more than 5,000 dentists for lives of professional excellence, community leadership and compassionate service.
Our alumni work around the world, with more Creighton dentists serving rural, underserved communities than graduates from any other private dental school in the country.
We serve more than 14,000 patients annually. By caring for so many patients, our students not only fulfill Creighton’s mission of service and justice for others; they become some of the most practice-ready dentists in the nation.
patient visits to the dental clinic each year (including more than 2,100 children)
applications for each incoming class
A Mission-driven Dental Education
The Creighton University School of Dentistry is guided by cura personalis – preparing dentists who care for the whole of a person.
We are a community, passionately focused on developing world-class dental professionals who will employ leading-edge knowledge and future technologies in the Jesuit educational tradition characterized by compassion, leadership, professionalism, creativity, service, and social justice.
The educational experience is designed to
The Creighton Dental Building
In fall of 2018, the school completed the construction of a 200,000-square-foot clinic and facility. The larger, more efficient building allows us to increase educational opportunities and the amount of care we can provide for our patients in the region.
Notable Spaces of the Dental Building
- Collaborative Care Health Office: Uniting School of Dentistry, School of Medicine and College of Nursing to offer broad range of all health-related questions from patients
- Wilwerding-DiLorenzo Digital Technology Center: Computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD-CAM) center to guide students through use of the latest dental technologies
- Kingfisher Institute for the Liberal Arts and Professions: The newly established Kingfisher Institute is an innovative center of excellence for exploring the creative intersection between the liberal arts and sciences and professional education at Creighton and in the larger community.
Take your career to Creighton.
Creighton is a community of individuals inspired to change the world. Here, we offer meaningful work committed to academic excellence and pushing innovation in dental technology and research.
We are actively seeking additional full-time and part-time faculty and staff.
Continuing Dental Education
Creighton is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) Recognized Provider.
We proudly foster relationships among health sciences schools, CHI Health, area hospitals and other health care organizations to position us to provide the most relevant interprofessional continuing education.
Creighton Dentistry Milestones
1905: The School of Dentistry opens its doors in the Edward Creighton Institute.
1921: The school outgrows the Institute and relocates to Creighton’s campus.
1973: Doors open at Boyne School of Dental Science Building, named in grateful acknowledgment to Dr. Harry N. and Maude Boyne who named Creighton as the sole beneficiary of their estate.
2011: The school awards a degree to its 5,000th graduate.
2018: Doors open for the school’s new dental facility at 2109 Cuming St.