New Dental Building
The new building is now open at 2109 Cuming St.
About the Construction Project
The School of Dentistry announced that it will respond to the growing needs of the dental profession, the Omaha community and our students by building a larger facility. The new facility will position the School to recruit talented faculty members, introduce innovative technology, enhance the functionality and efficiency of our clinic, allow us to serve additional patients - especially our community’s under-served - and enhance our research core of excellence. Ground was broken in September 2016 and the project was completed fall 2018.
Discounted and unreimbursed services to the community total $6.7 million. Of the 174 dental chairs in the community available to underserved patients, 155 are located at Creighton University.
With our community partners, we supply services valued at a total of $1.3 million.
- Give Kids a Smile
- OneWorld Clinic
- Charles Drew Clinic
- Project Homeless Connect
- Special Olympics
- St. Francis Dental Clinic-Rosebud Reservation
- Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC)
These services include free clinics, preventive care education, and pediatric dental care.
Economic impact will increase from $627M to $848M with new facility offerings by 2023. Up to 200 new jobs will be created indirectly.
- Currently, we receive more than 2,200 applications for each incoming class
- 1:25 admit/application ratio
- We will modestly increase DDS enrollment with the new building
- Increase from 12,000 to 15,000 from community
- Expand pediatric services in Omaha community
Notable New Spaces
- Collaborative Care Health Office: Uniting School of Dentistry, School of Medicine and College of Nursing to offer broad range of all health-related questions from patients
- Wilwerding-DiLorenzo Digital Technology Center: Computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD-CAM) center to guide students through use of the latest dental technologies
- Kingfisher Institute for the Liberal Arts and Professions: The newly established Kingfisher Institute is an innovative center of excellence for exploring the creative intersection between the liberal arts and sciences and professional education at Creighton and in the larger community.