Healing Requires Humanities
The School of Medicine Department of Medical Humanities reflects Creighton’s commitment to the liberal arts as the foundation of its nine schools and colleges. By including disciplines outside of medicine, the department emphasizes the need for healing that goes beyond the physiological.
To provide the training required to bring about such healing, our department faculty come from all corners of the university and share the goal of forming well-rounded and empathetic physicians, educated in the liberal arts and driven by Jesuit values.
Among the electives offered by the department are:
- Death, Health and Dickens
- Creative Writing Workshop for Future Physicians
- Is Race Real? Racialization in Medicine and Science
- Childbirth and Social Justice
- Physician’s Vocation Program Year 1: Introduction to Ignatian Spirituality in Medicine