Move-In and Welcome Week
Kick off the new school year with Welcome Week!
Move into your residence hall and join us for a day-long celebration. Then, engage in a week full of fun activities, new friendships, and learning about all Creighton has to offer.
Watch our Family Webinar on the link below using Passcode: 9eNYnb==
Spring 2023 Move In
- Freshman and sophomore residence halls re-open for the spring semester at noon on Saturday, January 7, 2023.
- Students will be able to return to their residence halls or move in for the first time by signing up for a timeslot in the Housing Portal.
- New and returning students will receive Spring 2023 Move In instructions in December 2022.
Fall 2023 Move In
Move In Dates for Fall 2023 will be determined shortly. Check back Spring 2023 for more information!
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2023 Move In begins Saturday, January 7, 2023 through the first day of classes.
Check back Spring 2023 for more information regarding Fall 2023 Move In Dates.
Fall Move In: Move-in times are staggered throughout the day to ensure a smooth check-in process with minimal wait times. When you arrive to campus at your selected time, you’ll have half an hour to check in, and another hour to unload your vehicle(s) at your residence hall entrance. Once your belongings are unloaded and brought up to your room, you will relocate your vehicle(s) to the designated parking areas, and return to your hall to continue unpacking.
Spring Move In: Move-in times are staggered throughout the day to ensure a smooth check-in process with minimal wait times. When you arrive to campus at your selected time, you’ll drive directly to your residence hall to check in and unload your vehicle(s).
As move-in approaches each semester, additional details and specifics regarding move-in instructions will be shared via email.
All residents can access the Housing Portal to change their move-in appointment within 24 hours of their selected move-in time.
New residents to the university should email firstname.lastname@example.org for special requests.
Returning residents to the university should email email@example.com for special requests.
Note that we will try our best to fulfill your request, but we cannot guarantee special accommodations.
- Check out the list of items to bring, as well as those to leave at home. Although we encourage you to personalize your room, please make sure to follow all University policies regarding room modifications. General guidelines are listed in the Creighton University Student Handbook and Guide to Living On-Campus.
- Please bring only what you plan to keep in your room, as additional on-campus storage is not available. We are unable to provide storage for large items over the summer.
- Our furniture allows you to customize the layout of your room. You may loft your bed to one of many heights and bunk your bed above your roommate’s if desired. Please do not bring personal lofts or attempt to construct your own. The beds will be fully lofted when you arrive on campus.
Items can be shipped to campus in advance for the Fall semester only. Check back Summer 2023 for specific mailing dates.
Yes! Students navigate Welcome Week with their RSP class, starting the afternoon of move-in weekend. Your student group leader and guide will reach out with your meeting location to attend all events together. Please make sure to download the Microsoft Teams app to your phone. Your student leaders will communicate through your Creighton email (netID@creighton.edu) and Teams (with Creighton login) messaging services.
- For more information regarding the move-in process and the Welcome Week program please consult the New Student Orientation details on this current and the corresponding pages.
- For further questions regarding move-in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have other questions about living in the residence halls, please contact the Residential Life and Housing Office at email@example.com or 402.280.2717.