Move-In and Welcome Week
Kick off the new school year with Welcome Week!
Move into your residence hall and join us for a day-long celebration. Then, engage in a week full of fun activities, new friendships, and learning about all Creighton has to offer.
Watch our Family Webinar on the link below using Passcode: 9eNYnb==
First Year Move In Dates
|Friday, August 12|
|10am - 4pm||Kiewit Hall and Swanson Hall Residents|
|12pm - 4pm||Deglman Hall Residents|
|Saturday, August 13|
|8am - 12pm||Kiewit Hall and Swanson Hall Residents|
|10am - 12pm||Deglman Hall Residents|
All first year students will sign up for a timeslot to schedule their move-in. Information about signing up for a timeslot will be sent in an email with their first year housing assignment. Students can sign up for their timeslot after their housing assignment information has been sent.
Sophomore Move In Dates
Saturday, August 13 (starting at 12pm) - Tuesday, August 16
All sophomore students will sign up for a timeslot to schedule their move-in. Information was sent in late June to all sophomore students living on campus for Fall 2022. Sophomores can currently sign up for their move-in timeslot on the Housing Portal, for flexibility timeslot appointments can be changed in the Portal within 24 hours of the appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, families are encouraged to stay through Saturday evening, August 13, for orientation programming. More information can be found on this current page, including how to download the complete Welcome Week schedule in the Creighton Guidebook app. Student orientation programming will continue up to and through the first week of classes.
Move-in times are staggered throughout the day to ensure a smooth check-in process with minimal wait times. When you arrive to campus at your selected time, you’ll have half an hour to check in, and another hour to unload your vehicle(s) at your residence hall entrance. Once your belongings are unloaded and brought up to your room, you will relocate your vehicle(s) to the designated parking areas, and return to your hall to continue unpacking.
As move-in approaches, additional details will be shared regarding driving directions, parking instructions, safety measures, and additional procedural expectations.
- Check out the list of items to bring, as well as those to leave at home. Although we encourage you to personalize your room, please make sure to follow all University policies regarding room modifications. General guidelines are listed in the Creighton University Student Handbook and Guide to Living On-Campus.
- Please bring only what you plan to keep in your room, as additional on-campus storage is not available. We are unable to provide storage for large items over the summer.
- Our furniture allows you to customize the layout of your room. You may loft your bed to one of many heights and bunk your bed above your roommate’s if desired. Please do not bring personal lofts or attempt to construct your own. The beds will be fully lofted when you arrive on campus.
Items may be shipped to campus prior to your arrival to make the move-in process easier. We ask that items are shipped no earlier than July 20. Packages that arrive before August 10 will be delivered directly to your residence hall room. Packages that arrive after August 10 will be available for pickup at the mailroom in your residence hall. All boxes should include your assigned residence hall name. Until you receive your mailing address from Mail Services, please address boxes as follows:
(Residence Hall Name)
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
Yes! Students navigate Welcome Week with their RSP class, starting the afternoon of Saturday, August 13. Your student group leader and guide will reach out with your meeting location to attend all events together. Please make sure to download the Microsoft Teams app to your phone. Your student leaders will communicate through your Creighton email (netID@creighton.edu) and Teams (with Creighton login) messaging services.
- For more information regarding the move-in process and the Welcome Week program please consult the New Student Orientation details on this current and the corresponding pages.
- For further questions regarding move-in, please email email@example.com.
- If you have other questions about living in the residence halls, please contact the Residential Life and Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.280.2717.