International Business Degree (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration)
We live and do business in a global economy. With an international business degree, you’ll see the business world in an international context. You’ll learn how manufacturing, retail, investments, banking and other financial services operate in a global environment. Whether you work in the domestic market or internationally, you’ll be able to assess competition effectively.
An integral part of the curriculum for the bachelor’s degree in international business is the opportunity to live and learn abroad through annual trips to China, Germany, the Dominican Republic or other countries. You’ll have the chance to gain expertise in a foreign language while exploring the economic and cultural fabric of another country.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration international business degree prepares students for a globally focused career in numerous business sectors.
As an international business major, you will:
- Learn about international business, including international aspects of economics, finance, accounting, management and marketing
- Develop a broad understanding of business disciplines
- Gain expertise in a foreign language
- Experience a foreign country
International business majors at Creighton take classes such as:
- International Accounting
- Global Marketing
- International Financial Management
Each student must also study abroad, with a minimum of 6 credits of study overseas. Learn more about the curriculum and study abroad requirements in the course catalog.
This program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The Heider Mindset Curriculum
Employers today need agile, adaptive professionals who understand that business can be done ethically and for the good of others. Creighton is paving the way in preparing students with those skills by implementing the Mindset Curriculum. Our courses help students work toward the skills that businesses are looking for, positioning them for success in the job market and beyond. It's part of how we teach students to do well while doing good. The six mindset are: Action, Analytical, Collaborative, Cross-Cultural, Reflective and Service.
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
To help make your undergraduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to file the FAFSA to apply for financial assistance. A variety of scholarships are also available.
Heider Business Senate
- The Creighton University Heider Business Senate is a liaison between the student body and the administration of the Heider College of Business. The Senate promotes the mission and values of the Heider College of Business through various projects.
Beta Gamma Sigma: Business
- This society encourages and rewards scholarship and accomplishment among students of commerce and business administration. Beta Gamma Sigma promotes the advancement of education in the art and science of business and fosters integrity in the conduct of business activities.
Alpha Kappa Psi: Business
- Alpha Kappa Psi is the oldest and largest business fraternity. Become a part of a group that develops well-trained, ethical, skilled, resourceful, experienced business leaders.
In addition to semester abroad study opportunities, the Heider College of Business has multiple international travel courses, including trips to China, South Africa, Australia and Austria. Additionally, University Faculty Led Programs Abroad (FLPA) experiences to such countries as Peru and Spain are open to Heider students.
Most international business careers are with U.S. corporations with global operations and overseas companies with U.S. operations. Recent job placements include:
- Cargill, Inc.
- Conagra Foods
- DMSi Technology and Securities
- Ernst and Young
- General Electric
- PayFlex Systems USA
- Union Pacific
of recent graduates were employed, pursuing an advanced degree or participating in a service program within 6 months of graduation
of business students complete at least one internship
miles traveled by students on 6 continents and 23 countries (2019–2020)
Find Job Security in a Global Economy
Large and small companies search for employees who understand global business and can successfully operate in the international marketplace. As companies expand their business activities around the world, they seek people who have solid business skills, expertise in solving global business problems, an awareness and understanding of different cultures, and in some cases, a working ability in a second language.