Military Science (Minor)
Develop leadership and management skills for success as a leader in a civilian career or the U.S. Army with a minor in military science. As one of the premier Army ROTC programs in the country, Creighton’s Department of Military Science will educate, train, develop and inspire you to become an officer and leader of character, with an emphasis on ethical conduct.
You’ll learn through a mixture of classroom instruction; leadership laboratories; and experiential learning focused on mind, body, and spirit. A military science minor is perfect for you if you like intellectual as well as physical challenges and want to work for the preservation of peace and national security.
The military science program is designed to develop leaders who will serve as commissioned officers in the United States Army upon completion of college. Here, students will:
- Learn leadership, discipline, professionalism, teamwork and ethics
- Compete in Color Guard and Ranger Training
- Take part in cultural immersion activities
This minor involves 18 credits, with courses such as:
- United State Military History
- Adaptive Team Leadership
- Training Management and the Warfighting Functions
- Advanced Leadership Camp
Creighton admissions are based upon:
- High school GPA
- ACT or SAT scores*
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal statement to demonstrate creative abilities not reflected in your transcripts
- Recommendation from high school counselor
- Honors sections and advanced placement courses will enhance a candidate’s application
*For students who are choosing to apply test-optional, ACT/SAT exam scores are not required at the time of application for admission.
Dates & Deadlines
Applications for the fall semester open on Aug. 1 of the prior year. For scholarship consideration, the earlier you complete your undergraduate application, the better. For up-to-date deadlines, visit our admissions page.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition rates are updated each year. Visit our financial aid site to learn more about the cost of attendance.
Creighton University’s Financial Aid Office administers over $200,000,000 in student aid each year from federal, state, institutional and private sources.
Students who successfully complete Creighton’s minor in military science can complete their undergraduate degree and receive a commission as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Reserve or the U.S. Army National Guard.
The U.S. Army offers opportunities for postgraduate study and opportunities to specialize in fields such as international linguistics
National Society of Pershing Rifles
- The National Society of Pershing Rifles develops outstanding traits of leadership and discipline within the framework of a military-oriented, honorary fraternity.