About Chamber Choir
Under the direction of Mr. Adam Witte, the Creighton University Chamber Choir is the premiere performing ensemble of Creighton University, comprised of 32-40 advanced singers performing works written especially for a smaller or mid-sized choir. The ensemble specializes in music of all periods, from the Renaissance through the 21st Century. The Chamber Choir performs on and off-campus in multiple concerts throughout the year, including regular engagements with the Omaha Symphony and the annual Creighton's Christmas concert at St. John's Church. The chorus has performed at NMEA and ACDA conferences, and alumni of the Creighton University Chamber Choir can be found in all career paths, including medicine, academia, law, and the opera, Broadway, and concert stages.
For audition information, contact Mr. Witte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media and Recordings
- Instagram: @creightonchamberchoir
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/@creightonuniversitychamber5536
- Check out our recordings!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/CreightonUniversityChamberChoir/
Student Leadership and Community
The Chamber Choir Student Officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Community Building Chair) are elected by their peers and plan social events and fundraising events throughout the year. Check out our Instagram (@creightonchamberchoir) to see some of the events we’ve hosted and what our community is like.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Chamber Choir a class or an extracurricular? Chamber Choir is a one-credit class.
- What is the time commitment? Chamber Choir meets Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 1 hour and 15 minute classes. Outside of class, we typically have two concerts per semester and two 3-hour dress rehearsals per semester (although the number of dress rehearsals can fluctuate). We also have optional community-building events.
- Do I enroll for a semester or full year? Chamber Choir is a class that you register for one semester at a time.
- Do I have to be a music minor or major to join Chamber Choir? Nope! The majority of students in our choir are not majors and there is no preference to music majors or minors.
- Is it feasible for students to be involved in choir while having another rigorous major or pre-professional track? Absolutely. Many of our students double major, participate in a pre-professional track (pre-med, pre-law, pre-PT, etc.), or both. Chamber Choir students tend to be very involved and are able to balance choir with the rest of their academic and extracurricular commitments.
- Can College of Business or College of Nursing students participate in Chamber Choir? Yes!
- Is Chamber Choir involved in community outreach? Chamber Choir does not participate in any repeating service events, but our concerts are open to the public and we frequently collaborate with other Omaha choirs and ensembles such as the River City Mixed Chorus, Résonance (a semi-professional choir), and the Omaha Conservatory of Music. Additionally, our Christmas concerts collect canned food donations for the Sienna Francis House, a homeless shelter close to campus.
The Creighton University Chorus is an open enrollment choral ensemble for all university students. Performing at least four on-campus concerts per semester, the ensemble sings a wide variety of musical genres, generally depending on ensemble size. Contact Mr. Adam Witte for more information.
The University Orchestra is an open enrollment chamber-orchestra sized string ensemble of 12-25 members. Rehearsals are held Tuesday/Thursday from 2:00-3:15. Typically, the orchestra will combine with wind/percussion students to perform full symphony orchestra literature. Students interested in performing with the University Orchestra are encouraged to contact Dr. Hanna.
Under the direction of Dr. Frederick Hanna, the Creighton University Symphonic Band is an open enrollment ensemble of 20-50 members. Rehearsals are held on the Mainstage of the beautiful Lied Education Center for the Arts on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2:00-3:15pm. Opportunities for alumni and community members to rehearse and perform with the ensemble are offered on a limited basis dependent upon instrumentation. Interested students and players are encouraged to contact Dr. Hanna.
The Creighton Chamber Music Ensemble is an elite ensemble dedicated to bringing Classical chamber music to the community. This group studies and performs a wide variety of works from the major chamber music repertoire including quartets and serenades by Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert, Dvorak, and Shostakovich. The students in this ensemble learn how to integrate Classical music into the community, schools, retirement communities, and in non-traditional concert settings in order to engage a variety of audiences in innovative ways.
Contact Dr. Hanna for more information.