Support for your success—at Creighton and beyond.
At Creighton University College of Arts and Sciences, we want you to succeed—not just in your liberal arts and sciences education, but also in life. That’s why we offer two unique programs: the Student Success and the Ratio Studiorum Program (RSP)—both of which take a holistic approach to your success.
Through the Success Center, you’ll benefit from:
- Academic coaching—your coach will help you develop a personalized plan to ensure your success
- Academic strategy programs—through 120 and 130 courses, academic workshops, and campus outreach
- Tutoring—schedule one-on-one peer tutoring or drop-in Sunday through Thursday from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. for chemistry and math tutoring
- Learning communities—share your academic interests and experiences with your peers and receive mentoring, shadowing and networking opportunities with pre-professional students, faculty, and alumni
- Pre-health and pre-law advising—if you’re interested in a degree that could lead to a variety of stimulating careers
For more in-depth information, visit the Student Success.
Ratio Studiorum Program
Our innovative Ratio Studiorum Program (Latin for “plan of study”) helps first- and second-year students plan their courses, careers and life. Through RSP, you’ll receive comprehensive academic advising —during your first year and as necessary into your second year, until you’ve declared your major.
Your academic advisor (faculty preceptor) will:
- Help you schedule your courses
- Assist you in creating a four-year academic plan
- Suggest degree programs to explore if you’re undecided
- Invite you to check out student clubs and organizations
- Help connect you to study abroad and research opportunities
- Review your academic performance
- Refer you to support services
Your academic advisor will also be your instructor for RSP 101, Introduction to the Culture of Collegiate Life (or RSP 104 for Honors students; RSP 105 for transfer students). This one-credit course, taken in the fall of your freshman year, examines the:
- Student experience at Creighton
- Mission and values of this top Jesuit, Catholic university
- Academic policies at Creighton
- Advantages of a liberal arts and sciences education
- Opportunities of the Magis Core Curriculum
- Various offices and programs on campus
If you have questions about RSP, please email LisaBrockhoff@creighton.edu, Assistant Dean for Advising of the College of Arts and Sciences.