Life in Omaha
Welcome to the Big O. You're gonna love it here.
Creighton University School of Law is adjacent to the downtown business district of Omaha, the largest city in the state of Nebraska. Omaha is home to an outstanding legal community where you can complete life-changing and career-building externships and judicial clerkships. It’s also an ideal place to live and raise a family because Omaha is:
Below the national average where it counts:
- Cost of living
- Home prices
- Commute times
Above the national average in:
- Cultural and entertainment amenities
- Public and private education
- Air and water quality
Things to Do
When you’re not hitting the books, may we recommend:
- Cheering on one of our 14 different Bluejays sports teams
- Kicking back to enjoy an activity at Midtown Crossing
- Catching a game at the NCAA Men’s College World Series
- Participating in the weekly Thursday Taco Ride
- Grooving to something cool with Jazz on the Green
Staying in Omaha
Creighton University is located a couple of miles from the heart of downtown Omaha, and there are a variety of hotels in the area. Selected hotels offer a discount if you mention you’re visiting Creighton.
Omaha is consistently ranked a top foodie city, and whether you’re in the mood for an Omaha steak or vegetarian fare, there are lots of great restaurants near Creighton’s campus.
With brick-lined streets and eclectic charm, the Old Market has lots to offer, including 45+ restaurants.
Rankings and Recognition
Greater Omaha regularly receives top rankings and recognitions, including:
- #1 — Top U.S. Cities Where Millennials Are Moving, And Staying, Financial Advisor, 2019
- #5 — America’s Top States to Get an Education (Nebraska), CNBC, 2017
- #5 — Best City for Young Professionals, finance.yahoo.com, 2020
- #9 — Best State for Education, usnews.com, 2023
- #6 — Best Large City for First-Time Homebuyers, WalletHub, 2017
- #8 — Best State to Find a Job, usnews.com, 2023
- #29 — Best Places to Live, U.S. News & World Report, 2023