No doubt about it: being a law student is challenging. That’s why it’s imperative that you choose a law school in a location that doesn’t add to your stress. When you attend Creighton University School of Law, you’ll be living in Omaha—an ideal place to call home, during law school and after. Housing here is affordable with home prices well below the national average. Creighton Law offers:
Off-Campus Housing Options
Some areas that are close to Creighton University School of Law are Midtown Crossing which is located at about 30th St. and Dodge St., the Blackstone District, extending from 36th St. to 42nd St. along Farnam St., Dundee, at about 50th St. and Dodge streets, and Memorial Park, at about 60th St. and Dodge St. A number of apartment complexes are also located in downtown Omaha and around the Creighton neighborhood, with many within walking distance to campus.
Unsure where to live? Check out our annual Current Student Housing Survey for insights from law students on area apartment complexes.
Our university does not provide housing for graduate students.
Creighton is located in Downtown in an area undergoing major revitalization. The Old Market area (5-minute drive from campus) has old brick warehouses that have been converted to apartments and condominiums. Old Market housing is typically more expensive than other Downtown areas. The Downtown area west of the Old Market/14th Street offers a wider variety of housing styles and price ranges.
- Drake Court: 21st & Leavenworth
- Old Market Lofts: 10th & Jones
- Tip Top: 15th and Cuming
- Hillside Court Apartments: 31st & Davenport
- Westbrook Tower Apartments: 21st & Douglas
- Capitol Hill/ Capitol Row Apartments: 22nd & Davenport
- The Brandeis: 210 South 16th Street
- Residences at Old Market Place: 1113 Howard Street
- The Corvina: 915 Jones Street
- The Highline: 2223 Dodge Street
- The Wire: 100 S. 19th Street
- The Slate on 19th: 119 North 19th Street
- The Bank: 206 South 19th Street
- The Flats on Howard: 2316 Howard Street
- Union Plaza: 601 S 16th Street
- The Barker: 306 S. 15th Street
- Bloc 12: 424 S. 12th Street
- Breakers: 415 Leavenworth Street
- The Atlas: 2929 California Plaza
- The Rochester: 1015 N 14th Street
- Travers Row: 2611 St Marys Avenue
- The Muse: 1005 N. 20th St
- 1415 @ The Yard: 1415 Cuming St.
- 1501 Jackson: 1501 Jackson St.
- L15 Lofts: 801 South 15 Street
An eclectic, older neighborhood with a small-town feel. Apartments are typically situated in small complexes amongst homes. The drive to campus is approximately 10 minutes. Students, faculty and staff tend to gravitate to this affordable area if they are looking to live close to campus. This area can also be on Creighton shuttle routes.
- Blackstone Apartments: 36th & Farnam Street
- GreenSlate Management: 148 South 39th Street
- Century House: 48th & Cuming
- London Square: 4917 Farnam Street
- The Jackson: 37th & Jackson
- Aksarben Village: 64th & Center
- Midtown Crossing Luxury Apartments: 233 South 33rd Street
- Centerline Apartments: 7007 Oak St
- The Austin at Midtown: 37th & Davenport Street
- Gifford Court: 320 North 35th St.
Conveniently located in the middle of Omaha near Westroads/Regency shopping districts. The drive to campus is approximately 15 minutes. Many moderately priced apartment complexes are located near 90th and Dodge.
A culturally diverse area with older, smaller, reasonably priced homes and town homes. This part of town is close to the Henry-Doorly Zoo, Rosenblatt Stadium and Botanical Gardens and is approximately a 10-minute drive to campus.
The fastest growing area in Omaha. Located in a more suburban setting with moderately priced housing. Newer apartment complexes with amenities that include pools, garages and fitness centers. This area is near many new shopping areas, including Village Pointe Mall. The rush-hour commute may be 25-25 minutes to campus.
This area is mostly suburban with apartments clustered near Harrison, L and Q streets. Depending on your location, interstate access may be difficult. This may result in a longer commute (20-40 minutes) to campus.
A wide selection of moderately priced rentals, with a 15-20 minute commute to campus. These areas are the suburbs of Omaha with easy access to major interstates and freeways.
- Adley @ 72nd: 72nd & Applewood, Papillion, NE
- Alpine Village: 86th & Harrison, La Vista, NE
- Brentwood Park: 108th & Giles, La Vista, NE
- Harrison Hills: I-80 & Harrison Street, La Vista, NE
- The Pavilion at Twin Creek: North of 36th and Hwy 370, Bellevue, NE
- Fontenelle Hills: 200 Martin Drive, Bellevue, NE
- The Vue at Bellevue: 2882 Comstock Plaza, Bellevue, NE
- Summit by Broadmoor: 3904 370 Plaza, Bellevue, NE
- The Landings: 10215 Cape Cod Landing, Bellevue, NE
- Tiburon View/Pointe: 168th & Highway 370
The west side of Council Bluffs (near the downtown Omaha bridge) is close to campus (5-10 minute drive) and the Old Market. Council Bluffs allows easy access to the Omaha area with the only separation being the Missouri River. One benefit to living in Iowa is lower taxes.
Need a Roommate?
Email the Creighton Law Office of Admissions for a list of current and incoming law students who are looking for roommates. During the late spring, Admissions will have a Facebook page for incoming students that is useful in connecting with others who are looking for roommates.