Apply to the Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
The Creighton University Doctor of Pharmacy program attracts students from around the globe seeking to gain the knowledge and experience they need to become skilled practitioners and practice leaders. Our admission process operates on a rolling basis, meaning that qualified applicants will be invited to interview and offered admission on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Important Dates for the Fall 2022 Admission Cycle
- Cycle Opens: July 14, 2021
- Preferred Deadline: November 1, 2021
- Creighton Early Assurance and Preference Deadline: November 1, 2021
- Final Deadline: June 1, 2022
A minimum of 63 semester hours or 95 quarter hours is required before entering the program. The PCAT is not required for consideration for admission. Please review specific prerequisite course requirements and course completion deadlines on the Doctor of Pharmacy Prerequisites page prior to apply
To apply, submit an online application and all supporting application materials through PharmCAS, a pharmacy centralized application service. All supporting application materials include the following:
- An official transcript must be received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s).
- All fall/winter term 2021 and prior transcripts should be directed to PharmCAS.
- All spring/summer 2022 term transcripts should be directed to the Creighton Enrollment Services.
- Two letters of recommendation (submitted through PharmCAS). We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members or friends.
Instructions for Selecting a Pathway
The Creighton University Doctor of Pharmacy program offers three unique pathways for pursuing a Doctor of Pharmacy degree:
- Our traditional Campus Pathway, based in Omaha, NE
- A unique Distance Pathway, based in your area with annual travel to Omaha to complete labs
- Our newest hybrid Phoenix Pathway, based in Phoenix, AZ at our up and coming interprofessional Health Sciences Campus.
Applicants may only apply to one pathway per admission cycle. Applying to more than one pathway does not increase an applicant’s chances for admission.
Personal interviews are required in the admission process. Qualified applicants will be notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
2022 Personal Interview Dates
The Doctor of Pharmacy program will be interviewing regularly on Tuesdays and Fridays starting in September 2021 through June 2022. Interviews will be virtual for the 2022 application cycle.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Qualified applicants are invited to interview on a first-come, first-served basis. Once interview seats and entering class seats are filled, the admission committee will no longer consider remaining applicants.
Fulfillment of basic requirements does not guarantee an interview or admission. A selection system exists in which the Pharmacy Admission Committee selects the applicants it considers best qualified for the study and practice of the profession from a pool of applicants. Admission is based on rigor of coursework, quality of academic institution, cumulative GPA, prerequisite science and math GPA, recommendations, applicant statement and interview.